12 fancy rat babies (PA) PU

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by therealsilkiechick, May 17, 2009.

1. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    12 fancy rat babies $5 each for pets or neg if take all. PICK UP ONLY near dubois, PA. all r siblings from cinnamon hooded mom and dark hooded hairless father.

4- females

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8- males

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG] I wish you were closer. I recently lost my two girls and am looking into getting to more this coming up weekend.

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    awe so sorry to hear. [​IMG] i wish u were closer too. good luck on finding some new girls who r closer to u. [​IMG] we love eva and stanley they r great pets. [​IMG] this is their first litter and i was shocked how many she had, there is 13 in all but 1 girl we r keeping so eva has a cage mate.

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Tell me about rats as pets. My 3 year old has two guinea pigs and I HATE them!!!!!!

5. okiron

okiron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Quote:Most rats are extremely friendly, loyal, very smart, can be litterbox trained (but not all) and loves to cuddle. I loved my boys but I prefer females to males. You should always get 2 minimum, rats don't like to be alone.

6. sealsandwich

sealsandwich Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2008
    Alaska
    I am new to BYC and clicked on this thread to see just exactly what fancy rat babies were...... Imagine my surprise when the photos popped up and they were actually rats!!![​IMG]

7. Stina

Stina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    Awe they're so cute! I recently got my first 3 ratties (I've had mice for years) and they are such great pets!

8. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    They are beautiful !!! I had rats as pets growing up.. and loved them.. also had hamsters, mice and guinea pigs... Both my rats were friendly and loved to be held and would follow me around...

9. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Cute babies , you should keep a male for the male and a female for the female so they arnt alone and they arnt together , female rats can have a littler every 30 days and alot of them have between 12-20 babies at a time , that ends up being LOTS of fuzz balls.
    Rats as pets are awsome I loved my rats , but im horribly allergic to them and after some ER visits and lots of ashma meds and daily rescue inhalers and such I had to get rid of them.
    I loved how curious and play full girls are but there is just something about a full grown lazy big fat squsihy boy rat who wants to just chill on youre lap while you watch tv and eat cheetos together [​IMG]

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    OMG they are adorable. I wish I were closer. Cheyenne lost her last male, the old man, Kittsippimi, a liitle over a year ago and she really misses having them. He was a dark hooded agouti and her female was a cream.

Believe it or not, we had Kitt neutered when we got Kaniwksa. He was 3 years old when we lost him. [​IMG]

Those are beautiful babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by