12+ French Black Copper Marans Eggs Shipped 11/21

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChooksChick, Oct 28, 2010.

1. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    12+ Black Copper Marans

Our stock is of Davis, Jeane, and others, but we're working on our own Beak House line and the birds have been selectively interbred to remove faults and improve to the proposed standard.

Please educate yourself regarding incubating Marans eggs: they do better when the humidity is as low as possible or other means are used to promote evaporation, such as sandpapering part of the color away. Evaporation is generally poor due to the rich coloring on the shell. If you have any question about incubating these eggs, please ask in advance- happy to help! Please don't assume you can hatch these successfully **the same** as other eggs you may have hatched.

We want you to have success but can't be responsible for poor hatch rates. Bidders should understand that shipping hatching eggs is a risk, even under the best conditions. Many factors are out of our control, but we will do everything possible to provide you with excellent chances- our attention to the nutrition of the flock is specifically with robust eggs in mind.

Understand the considerations- some, none, or ALL of the eggs may hatch!

We will do everything possible to work with you if there is a shipping issue; contact us if there is a concern regarding weather BEFORE we ship. It's important to get a PO Box or have the PO hold the eggs for pick-up, so we'll need a phone number for the box.

Sorry about the cruddy pics- using my phone for now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jeffg1

jeffg1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2009
    arkansas
    who pays shipping here

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'M ABOUT TO BUY. I love your birds and I have over 20 Black copper marans at laying age and laying....I just think you've done a lovely lovely lovely job with them and I'm pleased to see hard work...It shows. I may need to look at an egg swap after I get the main cabinet incubator fixed...If you would do that. Now, don't hold on selling these beauties....These need to be flying out the window...LOL, no don't throw the eggs, wrap carefully as I know you do.

Okay BYC, I know you're focused on Halloween but look at this auction...What a great deal...I'll write you as soon as big incubator is fixed. Need to order 3 major parts and rebuild way too much! But it was a great incubator until it stopped doing temperature right...Happy selling.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by