12+ French Black Copper Marans - the very best lines!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Folks, I rarely list my Marans eggs because I have a lengthy list; however, I've had a cancellation for TODAY'S shipped order, and I can't reach any of the other folks on my list soon enough to get them shipped before they are too old....so....I'm listing them here!

I've worked extremely hard on my small flock - you will find no squirrel tail in my flock, nicely feathered shanks, all my stock has solid black chests (no mossiness in my flock), and I breed to the proposed SOP. Folks have been getting EXCELLENT hatches.

This is a PayPal only auction - bidders MUST have at least 500 posts and no negative feedback. Winning bidder must pay for auction by 2 p.m. Thursday - eggs to ship out immediately following!

If you live on the west coast, it's not a good idea to bid on these as it can take 3 ship days to get there.

I will post more pics in a few hours!!

More pics:

This pic shows an egg from one of my girls at the very darkest in her cycle (I shouldn't say "my" girls, as the hen that laid this egg belongs to a customer...she was hatched from my eggs, and the owner sent me this lovely pic & gave me permission to use it):

[​IMG]

Here is about where eggs are now (flash used):

[​IMG]

The Marans egg in my avatar is from about two weeks ago, and a new layer. That egg was GORGEOUS!

One of the hens:

[​IMG]

My beta roo is pure Davis and he's really nice - I have seen both breed, but the alpha much more. Here is the Davis boy - he's not usually hunkered down like that with his head pulled in; I think alpha boy was getting ready to come through the pophole & he was a bit bothered by that (he does not have coppering in his tail feathers - that was something the camera put on the pic or the flash reflecting or something):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  2. arteacher

arteacher Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2010
    500 post?

3. River Rats

River Rats Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2010
    Why 500 posts?

4. CpapSeller

CpapSeller Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2010
    Hot Springs
    Not sure that 500 posts are more likely to pay. They are more likely to be unemployed.[​IMG]

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    It's been my experience that folks with very few posts are typically the ones that end up not paying; I'm sorry to put that in my auction, but I cannot afford to lose an opportunity to get these eggs out the door to someone. If you're truly interested in bidding, PM me & we can discuss - I'm always open to a conversation about these types of things!!

6. Terri O

Terri O Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sure wish I had already TRIED my incubator! I dont have any broodies right now! Terri O

7. Cowgirlgrace

Cowgirlgrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Just thought it was funny.

8. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    Quote:ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could get these, but my incubator is already full and I CAN'T hatch any more! No room! [​IMG] (but I do have 500 posts.. barely.. All about how I can't afford anything.. kidding!!! [​IMG]..

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  9. Cowgirlgrace

Cowgirlgrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:ROFL!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could get these, but my incubator is already full and I CAN'T hatch any more! No room! [​IMG] (but I do have 500 posts.. barely.. All about how I can't afford anything.. kidding!!! [​IMG]..

Are you unemployed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by