12 + Hatching Eggs of 3 Different pure breeds.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Soaring Chicks, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Soaring Chicks

Soaring Chicks Soaring Hawks Farm

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Breed #1 ~ Wheaten Marans
    Breed#2 ~ Blue Copper Marans
    Breed#3 ~ 100% Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
    Plus for Extras I have Blue Cuckoo Marans and Olive Egg Layers. I only have one hen of each of these at this time. The OEL lays everyday so I can do more of hers and she lays Large eggs.
    Please see my web site for more pics. http://soaringhawksfarm.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    for looking.

2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    what!!! seriously I just purchased splash marans but I REALLY wanted Wheaten an Blue copper!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    LOL that is the way it is when ever I want something.
    [​IMG]

4. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Sounds like a great combo! [​IMG]

5. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    Thanks, They are the only ones laying right now. My Blue Wyandottes should start laying soon and my BLRW's are only 3 months old. Along with more Olive egg layers. I'm hoping for a few more colors in the wyandottes and new blood in with the marans. I can't wait for the button quail and guineas to start laying. Then I can really mix things up. I keep waiting for something I like on the egg chain,but nothing has really come up. It's slow this time of year.
    It looks like I will be doing a min of 4 eggs of each breed listed. My cuckoo marans has gone broody so there will be no extras of them. I can't brake her of it. she is sitting on a nest with NO eggs!

6. There a chick...

There a chick... Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    West Michigan
    Quote:Blue Cuckoo Marans...I didn't know that they came in that color?! Are there pics on your site of these ones?

Thanks! [​IMG]

7. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    This is not pure Marans ,but she is a blue Cuckoo.
    [​IMG]
    The Pure Cuckoo is in the background. The Blue Cuckoo hen is a Olive Egg Layer.
    To get the blue cuckoo color I cross my Blue Copper on the Cuckoo hen or a Cuckoo roo over a blue hen.( I no longer have a Cuckoo roo)
    Chicks will be blue cuckoo or carry the blue gene.
    See the cuckoo and OEL page on my site for what the chicks could look like.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  8. There a chick...

There a chick... Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    West Michigan
    Thanks Soaring Chicks for the explanation! I am excited...hope I win! [​IMG] I have to find a way to tell my DH though...[​IMG]

9. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    There a chick... :

Thanks Soaring Chicks for the explanation! I am excited...hope I win! [​IMG] I have to find a way to tell my DH though...[​IMG]

Just to let you know incase you missed it the cuckoo has gone broody on me and is not laying. I do have OEL's(can do 5 or6) that will be the blue cuckoo /cuckoo colors.
    Your welcome. I tell mine the day the op calls for package pick up.LOL or after they call. To late by then!
    Oh good luck too.​

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  10. Soaring Chicks

Jan 3, 2010
    Henderson,NC
    THESE WILL SHIP OUT MONDAY AM SO NEED TO PAY BY SUNDAY. Thank you for bidding.
    there is 5 of each breed laying. almost 2 dozen eggs

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by