1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 hole metal nest box (NO SHIPPING/PICK UP ONLY)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Pumpkinpup, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I am in a financial jam since all the vet bills of the past month and I have to feed my animals and have heat so, here is a nice 12 hole metal nest box for sale. I want $35 for it. It is in very good condition and has the flip down roosts so that you can keep the hens fro roosting in the nest boxes by flipping them up in the afternoon and closing off access to the boxes.

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Is there any way you can provide a picture?

3. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:Ok, here is a pic
    [​IMG]
    Edited to add photo
    There is surface rust but it is good and sturdy and will last for many years to come. If it were sanded and re-galvanized it would look like new.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  4. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I managed to find a large flash for my camera in the closet so I added the pic above.

5. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Wow, that is cheap! I see those at swap meets and auctions here and they go for waaayyyy more than that!! Often up to $100 or more, some in pretty bad shape. Wish I was closer!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  6. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I bought two like that down here for $8 ea. Its a deal [​IMG]

7. For those that are EVEN contemplating this buy, This is the BEST nest box type you can get. I have a 16 hole one, a little better shape than the one here, but I paid WELL over 100 bucks for it !! They are great boxes, the bottoms come out for cleaning or just sot the birds can not put their fat butts in them. The roost fold up and the top is slanted hard so the birds stay off of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by