12+ Jersey Giants - B/B/S UPDATED: rooster stats added at end

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I've been waiting & waiting for this current batch to be "up & running" for selling hatching eggs - they are SO very nice, and an improvement from my original line. These guys have excellent size, are good producers, super laid back & docile, and just gorgeous! My rooster is pure Maria Hall, and a very nice example of the breed. The only thing I can pick on for him is that his comb isn't perfect. But other than that, he has excellent color with very nice lacing, a very long/straght back, and the desired yellow bottoms of the feet - not yellow all the way up the back, just on the bottoms.

The hens in my breed pen: I have two pure Maria Hall - one splash, and one very dark blue, and then I have one blue from my original flock - I kept the very best example and have sold all the rest.

I do have some blacks and blues that I'll be adding to the breed flock this fall, from Bobbi Porto, but they are not yet old enough to be put into the breed pen.

I have sent out two batches of test eggs, and fertility/hatchability has been great!

Here are more pics:

My flock rooster, Bertuzzi again:

[​IMG]

The girls - splash hen in the back is Maria Hall, one in front is my original line:

[​IMG]

Dark blue Maria Hall hen - this girl is VERY VERY nice (and is Bertuzzi's favorite, so she's a bit unkempt) - she's got excellent weight/size, and excellent conformation as well - she's my favorite:

[​IMG]

PayPal only auction - payment is expected by 9 a.m. Monday, eggs to ship Monday afternoon.

PLEASE DO NOT BID if you cannot make your payment as indicated above.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Oh how you tempt me! [​IMG].

3. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Kelly, these guys are super nice - I'm REALLY pleased, and both of my test hatches went really well! Come on, you know you want them! [​IMG]

4. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I really do want them, but have no place to put them right now! They are gorgeous! Doesn't help any that I LOVE blue chickens. Splash is nice too.

ETA: How come all the really nice eggs come up for sale when I can't have them!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2010
  5. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you got that NPIP appointment yet so I can buy? [​IMG]

6. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I will keep an eye on this. So far I have had failed attempts with shipped eggs and I want JG for my nice stepdad who likes them and built me bunch of pens and a giant brooder for all bantams. This makes me want to try again with Jerseys and shipped eggs.

7. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    teddiliza - NO, I shamefully have not made that call yet. ACK! I have so many that would need to be wing stabbed, the thought of spending a day getting that done is just so unappealing to me, but I know I need to do it! I'll get going on that by calling my local tester tonight. I'll keep you posted!

8. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I can't believe nobody has bid on these!

vetgirl, I've had great results with shipped eggs. And Wynette's packing is so wonderful. I almost broke a couple trying to get the OUT of the bubble wrap, that's how securely they were wrapped. Here's a picture of the Silver Penciled Rock hatching eggs she sent me.

[​IMG]

9. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

looks wonderful but I'm full up unless you want to trade a whole batch of BYM [​IMG]

10. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll bet there's some lurkers out there waiting to pounce on these eggs at the last minute to avoid a bidding war.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by