1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12+ large frame light brahmas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bigdawg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    these eggs are from my show stock flock. i will have 15+ eggs. email for more pics. i will send up to 18 eggs. depending on the girls. they are on there first laying cycle. everyone that has hatched these eggs have been very happy with hatch rate and quality of the chicks. email me for cost of shipping when auction is over. i do have paypal. any questions feel free to ask away. thanks and good luck bidding......................

2. Henferno

Henferno Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Waushara County, WI
    More pictures? [​IMG] A little hard to see from the thumbnail.

3. SQbrahmas

SQbrahmas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Maryland
    Hi, I was wondering where your stock originated from?

Thanks!

4. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    a breeder here in tenn.

5. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I hear that they grow slowly but are a good dual purpose bird

I am looking to start a dual purpose flock. How long does it take them to grow and how big do they get?

I have never owned brahmas before.

Thanks

6. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    pullets start laying around 6 months of age, my roos are over 12 pounds. 16 months old. hens same age over 8 pounds. they lay very well in the winter months. a few less eggs in july and august. norm for any hen in the summer. roos make great table fair at 7 months. 6 to 8 pounds.

7. TinaCiesla

TinaCiesla Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2010
    I LOVE our Brahmas! These are excellent breeds for families. We've had ours for over a year now and wouldn't mind having more of them. Their eggs are a good size and my hens lay everyday. We haven't harvested meat yet, but soon may take one. I highly recommend this breed!
    Tina

8. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I think I am pretty well sold on getting some to add I just have to wait until the incubator is empty so I can add more to it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by