12+ large frame light brahmas

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bigdawg, Dec 3, 2011.

1. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    these eggs are from my show stock flock. i will have 12+ eggs. email for more pics. i will send up to 18 eggs. depending on the girls. the moult is over and they are laying great again. everyone that has hatched these eggs have been very happy with hatch rate and quality of the chicks. eggs will ship on wed. i do have paypal. any questions feel free to ask away. thanks and good luck bidding......................

2. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    I would like to add how happy I am with the eggs I bought. I had over 60% hatch rate with the eggs this last spring and now those babies are 5 months old and HUGE. The males are around 8 or 9 pounds each and the girls are almost as big. They have the sweetest personalities of all of my chickens and even my small nephew is not afraid to pick up my big rooster Rocky and cart him around the yard. He just sits in his arms like a doll and talks to the kids. You can't go wrong with these birds!! I highly recommend buying you won't be disappointed.

3. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    thank you very much. i wish my roo was as friendly. he doesnt bother anyone just kinda stays his distance. it might be the name i gave him..his name is kid rock.....

4. LilyD

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    When I hatched this batch out they started out in the house and my son was great about picking two or three to work with each night. He would bring them into the living room and sit on the couch with them petting and holding them. They all learned to step up and to sit on our hands. Harder for them to do now at 9+ pounds but they do still try. The girls will come running when they see us and take treats out of the kids hands so gently. They should start laying soon since Rocky is breeding like mad. Haven't found an egg yet but waiting patiently for it. Even if they never laid though I would keep them just based on their sweetness. They are amazing birds.

5. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    now that winter is here it may take the girls a few more weeks to get the eggs flowing. when there combs start getting deep red then start looking for eggs and of course the egg song. there eggs will get huge after there first moult.

6. LilyD

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    So far Rocky's comb is bright deep red but the girls combs are lighter. They aren't doing egg song and so far have shown no interest in the boxes at all. But they squat for Rocky and are showing all the signs of being ready to start. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will still lay even with winter coming. The weather hasn't gotten too bad yet but we get a deep freeze in January and February. Hoping to have eggs to hatch by February vacation. Fingers crossed.

7. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    sounds like it wont be long. mine lay better in the winter than hot summer. but they started laying in the fall.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by