1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 LF Cochin eggs--SQ stock !

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by justus5, Jan 20, 2012.

1. justus5

justus5 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2007
    Silver Springs, NV
    I have a pen of black, blue, white exhibition quality Cochins. They have came from national winners.I am hoping to increase the number of Cochins at the shows by offering the eggs for sale. We have been breeding and showing for 8 to 9 years. You will get a full dozen from this pen of birds. Shipping will be 15 dollars priority mail.
    These are large fowl. I have 3 black hens, 2 black roosters, 3 blue hens, and the white beautiful hen that is my avatar. These are all in the same pen so you will have black blue and white.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Please post photos.

3. berniezahm

berniezahm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    Are they Large Fowl (Giant) or Bantums?

4. billiejo21

billiejo21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Same question!!

5. MNShepherdess

MNShepherdess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    Minnesota
    By the structure of the bird, I would say large fowl. Plus it says "LF" in the title ;-) Bantams look like basketballs with heads. And these are VERY nice, btw. I think I'm going to have to order eggs from you when the weather gets nice again. Don't feel comfortable shipping eggs in -8 weather :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  6. Mystic Farms

Mystic Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    Is that gold bleed thru on that first black hen or reflection?

7. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    White is generally recessive in LF Cochins, so unless your Black and Blue carry White as a recessive, you won't produce any whites.

8. People, people, people, don't you all ever read the whole message. All your answers are in the post, well almost all, no all of them are. So go back and read it completely, duh.

9. justus5

Apr 26, 2007
    Silver Springs, NV
    YEP Very cold in Minnesota right now. Just contact me. Pretty soon gonna have eggs coming out my ears. Getting a new quad of blue Cochins in March. Very excited ! From a great breeder who has hand picked these just for me. :)

10. justus5

Apr 26, 2007
    Silver Springs, NV
    You are absolutely right. Been breeding and showing for a long time. And yes my Black carries it. They came from a wonderful Cochin breeder, wish I could mention her on here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by