1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12+ LF Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    These guys are my own line, along with one hen from D. Horstman's line. My flock definitely needs work, but I've been told by a few judges and longtime breeders that this line is among the best out there...I've culled heavily and will continue to do so. My biggest issue right now is size - they are on the small side, at 5.5# for the largest hen. I'm going to be outcrossing this fall for size improvement, but it'll take a few years before they are much closer to the SOP.

A few more pics - this gal is one of my favorites, and I will be using her for next year's breed pen (I just posted & looked at this pic, and it appears this gal does not have yellow legs - she DOES, in fact, have yellow legs; I'm unsure why they look slate in the pic):

[​IMG]

My cock bird - he is 1 in this picture, and has a nice underline now - I love his broad chest:

[​IMG]

The penciling is quite nice:

[​IMG]

THIS IS A PAYPAL ONLY AUCTION. Payment is due by 5 p.m. Eastern time the day the auction ends. Eggs will be shipped out the following day via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

Thanks for looking, and please feel free to ask any questions!

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    These birds look beautiful! That pattern is real interesting. [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks, seminolewind - I sure do like them!

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Do they have the same personality as a BR or Dominique?

5. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    These SPPR are the only variety of Rock that I've ever had, so I have nothing to directly compare with. They're definitely not "lap chickens" but aren't flighty, either. I guess they are average...although I don't spend a bunch of time with my hatchlings or juvies, I'm sure if you did they would be more inclined to be friendlier!

6. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    Beautiful birds. I wish it wasn't so hot here right now, I would bid on these, but with 100 degree temps I don't think they would fare to well in shipping. Do you plan on selling more this fall?

7. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:Thanks so much - I appreciate the kind words. Yes, I should be selling in the fall, depending on when they decide to molt. I still have to hatch off a batch for myself and wasn't planning on doing so until September, so I sure as heck HOPE they're still laying in September/October! HA!

8. dixieland

dixieland Blue Eggs by the Bushel

Oct 7, 2007
    Carthage, TN
    These are indeed gorgeous birds and I cannot wait to get the eggs! Everyone keep your fingers crossed for a successful hatch!!!!![​IMG]

9. Wynette

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks so much - [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by