12 MF D'uccle Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NateinFL, Jan 4, 2011.

1. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    I have 5 hens and 3 roos...these are the best I've kept out of over 50 chickens, at least. MF D'uccle are the only breed I have. The adults come from several different sources and I think the ones I have now are of good quality. Many of mine actually come from shipped eggs. I will easily have 12 by Thursday. Prefer to ship locally b/c of the cold weather, I'm not sure what freezing temps. does to the eggs. Any questions, just ask! Many thanks, Nathan.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Wow your doing really well with these! I wish i had my bator up and running!

3. NateinFL

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Hey yeah I'm working on them, a work in progress. I never see any for sale on here so I figured I'd offer. I know its a bad time of year to ship though with the cold weather...

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My birds aren't laying at all, due to the cold. [​IMG]

5. NateinFL

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Sorry to hear that Lori [​IMG] . This December was very cold but they have kept on laying. I have one that just went broody on 15 eggs. When you have extras to spare next year, let me know please I still want to incorporate your awesome bloodline in to my flock [​IMG]

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Nathan, you have some pretty birds! Have you put them in any shows?

I have doubled my millies, did I tell you? I bought out a guy who had awesome hens and crummy roos. The hens are from a different bloodline than my birds, too. So I'm trying very hard to be patient as I wait for eggs. I even put lights in the coop to try and inspire the girls, but they aren't cooperating.

Hopefully, late 2011, I'll be able to offer eggs from my new white d'Uccles as well! [​IMG]
    I bought a pair from the show in OH (after swearing I'd not buy anything... whoops). The pullet is still too young to lay, but the cockeral has made good use of his month in a pen with an older lav hen and cream hen. There are at least 6 developing eggs that I'm about to take away from a broody and put into the bator (we have another major cold snap on the way).

On the 15th I'm showing 12 d'Uccles in a show that's also a d'Uccle club Special Meet. The white pair will be there, as well as a half dozen milles. I am [​IMG] that they do well against other d'Uccles, since this is my first out of state show.

Whoops. Sorry to steal your posting. [​IMG] I got carried away....

7. NateinFL

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Wow, good luck at the shows and you really lucked out it sounds like with the hens, I'd love to see a pic of them if u can send. Thanks, Nathan

8. NateinFL

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    Sorry but I miscalculated the ending time, I want it to end at noon today, EST. I want them in the mail and delivered before Sunday. Also, if you win I have a few different ways I can pack them, just let me know what you prefer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by