12 Mottled Java Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by corancher, Nov 23, 2009.

1. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    The Javas don't know it is winter. They have really kicked up laying. I am getting 6-8 eggs a day so this auction is for 12+ eggs. I can't hatch them all and I don't want to see them put into the eating egg basket.

The Javas are one of our new breeds with us only having them for two years. Some stock from Ideal and some from a private breeder in Minnesota.

Fertility has been great at home and I am getting great reports that they are shipping really well with great results also.

These eggs will ship on Friday or Saturday. I cannot guarantee your hatch rate as there are too many things that can go wrong once they leave my hands. I do wrap the eggs in bubble wrap and have been double boxing the eggs for added protection.

Paypal only please to [email protected] as soon as possible after end of auction.

If anyone would like to purchase Java eggs with postal money order, please PM me to make arrangements.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

[​IMG]

2. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Lovely birds. I just got my first incubator, and can¬ít wait to try it out, but I must wait till spring [​IMG] However, I do have a strange question. My family has a large portion of the yard fenced in for the birds to roam about, however our lighter birds such as the Rhode Island Red, Black Australorp, Sex-Links, Rocks, and Gamefowl have taken to flapping over it. Our good birds are the Brahma, Orpington, Silkie, and Jersey Giant. Your picture of the Java makes it look like a larger fowl, so I was wondering if you think it would stay behind the fence. (Our fence is 3-5 ft)

Thanks for your time, and good luck with your sales!
    And a Happy Thanksgiving to all [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    AH Wish I had room for more breeds Java's are on the top of my list when I get more room they are beautiful beauitful birds!

4. corancher

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Rhoderunner

The Java are a larger bird much the size of Orpingtons and are not ones to try to fly. They hop up on their roost but that about all for them.

hcammack

Thank for the kind comments. Keep us in mind is you decide to expand.

5. RhodeRunner

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    I shall! Do you have any other larger standard fowl that you sell hatching eggs?
    Good day,
    Jamie/Rhode Runner

6. corancher

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    We raise B/B/S Orpington, Buff Orpingtons, Black Orpingtons, Buckeyes, Delawares, Javas, & Barnevelders. We also have Lavender Orpington project birds & Golden Laced Orpington project birds. We also have several breeds of geese, turkeys, ducks, & guineas.

Happy Thanksgiving.

7. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Don't worry your at the top of my list [​IMG] I may be building up a heritage breed laying flock for the college I am going to. How is the lay rate with these birds? and Carcase quality? Just wondering if they are still the amazing duel purpose birds they once were? They beautiful beautiful birds. Happy Thanksgiving!

Henry

8. corancher

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Henry

The eggs laying rate has been great. I have nine hens of laying age and I am getting 6-9 eggs a day currently. I was getting 3-4 a day up to a couple weeks ago before we moved them to their new quarters.

We have not processed any of these birds so I can not comment on how they would dress. We have been building up our flock and have had a high demand for any birds that we wanted to sell so there has not been any birds remaining. These birds are close to Orpington size which is what a Java should be.

9. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:That sounds great thanks for the info [​IMG]

10. RhodeRunner

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    Quote:Should I contact you closer to spring, or do you have a waiting list? I am interested in the B/B/S, Buff Orpingtons, and the Javas.

Good day,
    Jamie

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by