12 new chickys to be shipped tomorrow! Updated with pics

KBUGS

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
NC
I can't wait! I ordered from Ideal and am so excited. They have been so nice. Hope it all turns out good. They added 2 to my order no problem and even called yesterday to make sure our area was OK from Hurricane Irene before they ship them. WOW. I will be posting pics when I get them. I am getting 2 Welsummers, 2 EE, 2 Production Black, 2 Light Brahmas, 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes, 1 Speckled Sussex and 1 Black Jersey Giant. All pullets. I'M SO EGGCITED!!!!!!! Anyone else got chickys coming.

Pics are on page 2

Last edited:
It is exciting waiting on a new batch of chicks to come in. I live in Virginia and have ordered from Ideal several times. So far every chick and gosling has made it here just fine, even during the hottest part of this summer. Figured you might like to know that since you are in NC. I think all of my orders arrived in two days. I hope you have as good luck with them as I have had.
smile.png

Oh, thank you! I have been a little worried. I just got an e-mail saying that my order shipped today. BUT it also had ship dat August 31st on it. So I don't know if they really shipped today or if the e-mail was just early. The little babies are just going to be so cute. CAN'T WAIT!!!!
wee.gif

I got that e-mail today as well. It confused me because it stated that the ship date was August 31st but the order said my chicks shipped today. Whatever the case I am super excited. I have a surprise pullet special 25, light bird pullet mix 25 and 4 each of BO, Salmon Faveroles and Naked Necks, and last but not least 6 feather footed pullets assorted. I can't wait to see what my surprises are. This is like Christmas.
big_smile.png

Hi guys,

I have an order coming from Ideal, and I got the same confusing email, but other than that, they have been super nice to deal with. I'm getting some speckled sussex, buff brahma, anconas, and australorps. I'm checking with the post office starting today just to make sure :) Hope everyone's orders come in safe and sound.

Deb

I think I will love them too. I'm already regretting not getting more and maybe not ordering a little cockerel. Like I got room to breed more chickens. LOL But...... I think I'm gonna fall in love with 'em.
love.gif

Every time I have ordered from Ideal (by phone) they tell me they will be shipped out on that Wednesday, but I always get an email showing they shipped out on Tuesday. Might not happen for everyone all the time, but I look at it as a nice surprise that I will get them a day early! All mine shipped on Tuesday and arrived on Thursday, except maybe one came in on Friday. Can't recall. I need to start keeping records of this stuff!
roll.png

I have 12 coming from Ideal also, same email, called post office to alert and now Can't Wait!!! I shall soon be the proud new momma of 2 Australorps, 2 EEs, 2 RIRs, 2PBRs, 2 Speckled Sussex and 2 Dark Brahmas! (in addition to the 3 white and 1 brown of unknown ancestory from TSC and 3 spoiled Golden Retrievers!)
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom