1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12+ Norwegian Jaerhon hatching eggs ~ Colorado

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by alpinefarm, Aug 5, 2011.

1. alpinefarm

alpinefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I *love* my Norwegian Jaerhon flock. I never get tired of looking at them...they have an simple and understated Scandinavian beauty.

In our high mountain setting, they are hardy and have proven to be excellent winter layers, giving me large, creamy white eggs year round for the past 4 years. I have gotten eggs as large as 63 grams(!), though most weigh in the mid-50s range.

Light-weight birds, alert to predators and able to fly up into trees, they do very well as free-rangers. They are thrifty with feed and have thrived on the whole-grains I supplement their foraging with.

The roosters have been exceptional gentlemen, and the entire flock is mild-mannered and easy to have around. Some of the hens like to fly up on my shoulder!

My shipped eggs are fresh, carefully packaged and mailed via USPS Priority Mail.

EGGS WILL SHIP ON TUES AUG 9.

Happy Bidding!

On auction close, please pay via PayPal: [email protected]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  2. happycountryhens

happycountryhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Central NY
    Pretty birds, can't wait until next year when we will hopefully be ready to add these to our flock!

3. alpinefarm

alpinefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2008
    Western Colorado
    Thanks! And here's to looking forward to next year...I wish it weren't so, but our mountain summer is quickly coming to a close~

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by