12 Olive eggers with Maran/Wellie extras...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by upintheholler, Nov 5, 2009.

1. upintheholler

upintheholler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    Bristol Va/Tn area
    ***** just send PM if you want to buy eggs.

$20.00 for a dozen olive egger eggs, includes shipping. Mommas are EEs and Ameraucana, daddys are Marans or Welsummer. Eggs I ship will be blue or light olive, dark brown or speckled extras. Fertility here is at 100%, I hatch out some of these about every 21 days. big_smile But as I am sure you know, shipped eggs are a gamble. I make now promises on your hatch rate, just that they will be fresh and well packed with extras when I have them to give. I am getting 16+ eggs a day. Can send any mix of eggs, half olive egger- half dark egg layers, etc. Pm for paypal addy and let me know what mix you would like. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  2. ke_ben

ke_ben Chillin' With My Peeps

Are the speckled eggs from Wellie mommas? Are the brown eggs in the pics like the extras you send? Cool project and eggs, BTW.

3. upintheholler

Jun 19, 2009
    Bristol Va/Tn area
    Yes, the speckled eggs are from wellies. The eggs I send are the blue and blue/green and the dark brown and speckled. The lighter brown I keep for myself (breakfast, [​IMG] ). I will send them if someone wants them, they are from golden sex links and buff brahmas. The daddy's are the same. Welsummer or Marans. I have been thinking of hatching out some of the golden sex link Xs myself because they are beautiful, huge eggs. They weigh 70+ grams each. The resulting pullets should make darker brown speckled eggs. Thanks for your interest and compliments. ~Donna-Marie

4. upintheholler

Jun 19, 2009
    Bristol Va/Tn area
    You have a good chance of hatching out pure welsummer from the speckled eggs. I took the Marans roos out about three weeks ago. But want to give the hens a full three weeks before I will say that they are pure. It will be three weeks on Sun. the 14th. After that I will be listing pure Wellie eggs and the olive eggers will be wellie crosses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by