12+ Sicilian Buttercup hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Farmerboy16, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    This interesting breed was imported from the island of Sicily over 100 years ago and is another member of the Mediterranean class. It has attracted wide-spread interest over the country because of its unique beauty. The golden color and cup-shaped comb are the basis for the very descriptive name. The comb is a cupshaped crown with a complete circle of medium sized regular points. The male and female do not look alike in coloring. The males are a rich, brilliant orange red with some black spangles in the feather of the body fluff and cape feathers at the base of the hackle; with lustrous, greenish black tail. The base color of the female is buff with all feathers on the body marked by parallel rows of black elongated spangles, giving the hen an appearance of being beautifully spotted and suggesting a ringneck pheasant hen. Skin color is yellow and shanks and toes are a willow green. Because of its unusual appearance the Buttercup is an excellent breed for exhibition projects.

Average mature weights: roosters 8 lbs., hens 6 1/2 lb.

I ship by Priority mail and will ship eggs Monday. Ships in U.S.A only! I can not be held resposible after eggs leave my hands there are too many variables with shipping,incubating & etc.

Thanks for looking!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by