12+ Silkied and Smooth Serama Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by aarronh, Jun 19, 2011.

1. aarronh

aarronh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    Up for auction are 12+ eggs from my silkied and smooth serama. I have six breeding trios. Two pens are silkied roos over silkied hens, two are silkied roos over smooth hens, and the other two are smooth roos over smooth hens. I have hatched some neat colors out of these combinations. I do not show my birds, so am unable to attest to their quality. I think a few of my smooth hens are a little on the large size, but hopefully with my tiny silkied roos over them, that will help the size. I find with the tiniest of hens, I run into fertility issues, so I typically don't mind having the large hens around.

Please understand that there are risks involved with shipping eggs through the mail. I cannot and will not guarantee a hatch rate.

Below are some photos of a few of the parent stock. I'm sorry they're not the best, but I just don't have time at the moment to do new photos. This is also the reason I'm not hatching them myself - just too much going on...

Paypal due immediately at auction end so that I can get these out right away. Paypal to [email protected]

Any questions - feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!
    ~Aarron

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Peradventure

Peradventure Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    remote NW CO, USA
    May we request eggs from only smooth/smooth parent stock?

3. aarronh

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    Sorry - I haven't kept the eggs separate like that... and even if I did I'm not sure that I would have enough eggs to ship without them getting more than a few days old (as they lay about every other day)...
    Quote:

4. Peradventure

Peradventure Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2011
    remote NW CO, USA
    Are they (or can they be) marked from which pens they are from?

5. aarronh

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    Sorry, I have not kept them separate. For the most part, they are just labeled "SER" (serama).

So far - I think there are 17 eggs...

ETA: From personal experience, though, I would estimate about 2/3 of my chicks tend to hatch smooth feathered...

Quote:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by