12+ Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock hatching eggs (LF)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I've gotten all of my orders filled but can't seem to stop myself from collecting hatching eggs!

These guys are my own line, along with one hen from D. Horstman's line. My flock definitely needs work, but I've been told by a few judges and longtime breeders that this line is among the best out there...I've culled heavily and will continue to do so. My biggest issue right now is size - they are on the small side, at 5.5# for the largest hen. I'm going to be outcrossing this fall for size improvement, but it'll take a few years before they are much closer to the SOP.

A few more pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THIS IS A PAYPAL ONLY AUCTION. Payment is due by 5 p.m. Eastern time the day the auction ends. Eggs will be shipped out the following day via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

Thanks for looking!

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    OMG something needs to happen so I can get some of these.

Ziggy and the girls need more company.

I get a lot of compliments in these birds. I had never wanted Rocks again until I saw these. My 4 is just not enough. These birds are stunning and Wynette is an absolutely awesome breeder who shows interest in her lines even after they've left her hands.

3. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Someday when I can convince hubby I need another coop I will be bidding on these!! I drool every time they are listed! Just gorgeous! [​IMG]

4. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:Goodness, thank you! They truly are special....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by