1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 Super Blue Egg Layers, Olive Eggers and Sex Linked EE

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by DMRippy, Feb 9, 2014.

1. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    You can do a mixed Doz or a Doz of each if you want.

1) Sex Linked Easter Eggers - I have 3 of my SBEL pullets that are Blue and Barred (WL and CCL crosses) with my Lavender Am roo. These will make sex links.... all the roos will have spots and the pullets will be solid. I would expect half the chick would be crested but you might get more. I also have 2 Barred EE in that pen too and you could get eggs from them too, but I think I can tell them apart. They would be sex linked too. My SBEL lay a pretty blue egg and the Barred EE lay a greener egg. Should be GREAT Layers of Blue Eggs and HEARTY since they are crosses. I also have 1 White Am in the pen and I can't really tell her eggs from the others. Her eggs are NOT sex linked. She will produce Whites, Lavenders and Splits.

2) I have some Lavender Split copper marans in with my Lavender Am roo for LAVENDER Green/Olive Eggers. The egg color will vary on these coppers so you could get some lighter brown and some darker. I will send the darker ones when I can. Even the lighter colors should give you pretty green eggs.

3)Super Blue Egg Layers these are a cross of my white leghorns (1-2 hens) and 3-4 white leghorn/exchequer crosses and they are covered by my CCL roo. The chicks mostly have crest, most would be white with some leakage, but some will be blue barred or black barred. All of these are barred chicks. Very cute birds. Since I have added more Ex Crosses you should get more colored chicks.

I will post pic of the SBEL pullets I kept (all are blue barred) these are the result of the SBEL pen and will be the pullets in the Crested Sex Linked EE pen. I will put some of the Lavender Am roo and some Marans from last year.

I ship these individually wrapped in bubble wrap, packing peanuts and styrofoam as filler. The shipping is $18 priority mail. I ship on Mondays, but could ship any day if needed. Paypal only NO E-Checks (unless you pay 2 weeks in advance). Payment needs to be made a week prior to ship date or ASAP if ordered for an earlier ship date. I can also ship fewer egg for those with small incubators, just PM me. Paypal does not send full info on my phone, please make sure you include that in you paypal payment with your user name on BYC and what you are ordering. If you would please send me your mailing info in a PM so I can have it if paypal does not send it. Ship dates are only if payment is made a week prior. If no payment is received the prior week and I have not been able to contact you they will be shipped to the next person.

I can put you down for specific dates or next available. Orders are shipped based on availability and in the order requested or placed once payment is received. As you know chickens lay eggs in their own time, usually I know about when I will have eggs to ship. If you place orders for later dates understand chickens laying habits can change. I will stay in touch if I know there is an issue. I always look at my calendar a few weeks out to make sure everything is OK.

SHIPPING Hatching Eggs are a RISK. Once the eggs are shipped they are out of my control. Damage to packages during shipping are the risk of shipped eggs. I will help you file a claim with the Post Office to try to get replacements BUT I will not be responsible for shipping damages. I take reasonable care for packing your eggs, just like I would want my eggs shipped. (No special packing instructions sorry) I offers NO GUARANTEE on your hatch rate. By posting, bidding or buying you understand these terms.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. mbleily

mbleily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Idaho
    I send you a pm. I don't know how quick they show up. Thought this might be faster. I hope it hasn't been too long.....Micki

3. chickenlver2013

chickenlver2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll take some eggs please!

4. threesons

threesons Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2014
    Huntersville, PA
    OK I'm learning - What are SBEL? I know EE is Easter Egger. Not up on the acronyms yet!!!
    Thanks!

5. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Super Blue Egg Layers.... really just an EE on steroids LOL

6. Ariel188

Ariel188 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2012
    Southern CA
    sent a PM first now I see one of the questions here you just answered SBEL! :)

7. kahlua

kahlua Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    I just wanted to thank you for the eggs! Mine hatched over the weekend and I got a nice mix.

Here are my SBEL - these guys hatched like popcorn!

[​IMG]

And some of my OE's and Marans

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    What is that one on the bottom? Looks Lavender? Did I send you Isabelle Marans? The one above the lavender looks like it might end up mottled. Not sure where that is coming from..... I have some I am growing out to see what they look like. I had a SLEE last year that was kinda mottled.

9. kahlua

kahlua Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2011
    NJ
    Yes the one chick is an Isabelle Marans, you didn't have enough OE's so were kind enough to send those. I had 5 hatch and one was a lavender.
    The chick above is one of the OE's, it would be pretty cool if it was mottled but we'll see! I don't really care what they look like as long as I get some nice colored eggs. I got 3 OE's, just keeping fingers and toes crossed that I get a girl or two!

10. kcej0822

kcej0822 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2014
    do you have any pictures of your lavenders?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by