12+ 'Surprise' Eggs!! (LF and bantam) **PICS added, 2nd post**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyd2008, Sep 26, 2010.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Shipping is calculated based on your zip

Up for auction is 12+ eggs from my flock. Most of my birds free-range, this is where the 'surprise' comes in [​IMG]

Bantams: I have blue, black, splash, brassyback, blue brassyback, ginger-red, and brown-red in OEGB; partridge, blue, black mottled, and splash bantam cochins; mille fluer, porcelain, and black mottled (most of these are penned) d'uccles; white silkies (penned), and a few bantam EE (brown-eggers).
    The chances of getting pure OEGB are very high, most of my bantams are OEGB. The d'uccles and white silkies are penned, but they are not laying much right now. The cochins are all free ranging at the moment.

Large Fowl (all free rangers): Roosters are a BR and a Black cochin/red phoenix mix. Hens are a BR, a black cochin, a white langshan, a white leghorn, 2 golden lakenvelders, 2 wheaton OEG, 2 blue wheaton OEG, and some LF hens that are OEG and 'something' mixed.
    Most likely you won't get any 'pure' LF, but they are all good layers/setters. Everyone of these hens has gone broody at least once, the BR is under a year old and tried to go broody on me a few months ago (I didn't let her).

I get 6-12 eggs a day, so if you win you are welcome to 'order' more than one dozen. I can comfortably ship up to 3 dozen at one time the way I package them.

As stated above, shipping is calculated (based on your location and the size of the shipment), so please send me your zip code after you win so I can calculate the total. Thanks [​IMG]

I will go and take some pics of some of this year's babies and edit or add to this listing so you can see what to expect, there are some very pretty birds out there! So if you are looking for cheap hatching eggs and don't really care what breed you get, this is the batch for you!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  2. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Forgot to add that you can choose either LF or bantam eggs, you don't have to take both. Just be informed that it is possible for the eggs to be mixed LF/bantam, though it is unlikely.

Here are some pics of this year's babies, a few of them anyway! [​IMG]

(silkie x cochin)
    [​IMG]
    Bantam OEG (white), LF OEG (black)
    [​IMG]
    LF OEG (splash), cochin x silkie (rooster on left), mottled bantam cochin
    [​IMG]
    OEGB (brassyback and ??red)
    [​IMG]
    Leghorn mixed chick and OEG chick (with 'their' d'uccles mama)
    [​IMG]
    Mixed LF cockerels (yes, the one in front is barred AND red!)
    [​IMG]
    (mixed bantam, probably d'uccles x cochin---oops! No feathered legs....so probably OEGB [​IMG])
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  3. UGAchick

UGAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    This is great! If only I had a reliable incubator, I would TOTALLY buy your surprise eggs. There is nothing more fun than surprise chicks!!

Since I don't have an incubator, and can't hatch eggs right now, why am I looking at egg auctions? Because I am a recovering hatchaholic.

4. Suburban Sprouts

Suburban Sprouts Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Quote:MMMEEEEEE TOOOOOO!!!

5. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Can we pick just the LF or bantams cause I want bantams [​IMG]

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:The seller said you can choose either LF or bantam, you don't have to take both.

7. shelleyd2008

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:The seller said you can choose either LF or bantam, you don't have to take both.

That's right, you can choose one or the other. But it is easier to get a dozen LF eggs, a lot of the bantams are hiding theirs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by