12 True Ameraucana Eggs $18.00

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by geareduplyn, Jul 13, 2008.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I have 12 Ameraucana eggs that can be shipped tomorrow. Price is $18.00 plus $13.50 Flat Rate Postage. Following is a description and a picture of the cock.

Most of my Ameraucana hens decided they wanted to be mothers and got broody some time back and my breeding pens were pretty much broken up. I had been holding this guy in reserve, so I picked 5 of the best Black Hens that were still laying, and made up a breeding pen. All the chicks that just hatched are Blue as they should be from a Splash to a Black breeding. Their muffs and beards reflect their heritage from their father, because even as chicks they look outstanding. This cock is classic example of a Muffed and Bearded Ameraucana, with a beautiful tight proper Pea Comb, Slate legs,and proper weight, and overall type.

This auction is for 12+ eggs from this guy and his black hens. Payment is by PayPal Immediately following the close of Auction NO E CHECKS. Priority Mail shipping $13.50. Express mail shipping available.

Addendum: I have now one blue hen with him also, so you may get a Splashed chick or two. The egg color from these hens is predominately a very nice blue, but there are some greenish tinted eggs. I only hatch from the bluest eggs so the Cock was hatched from a very blue egg

[​IMG]

2. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    He is just a KNOCK-OUT!!! I would order eggs in a heartbeat if I didn't have broodies sitting on eggs right now.

For future reference, where are you located? How is the temperament of your flock?

3. He really is stunning. I want the eggs but I don't need them shipped.
    Can I pick them up?
    Thanks,
    Lisa
    Oh wait, is this an auction or just 'for sale'?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  4. geareduplyn

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Quote:Lynn, didn't I ship you some Araucana eggs? "Manfighters", have a life span here of 30 seconds after the first attack. The temperment of my birds is calm and easy going. I have a young Araucana cockerel right now that thinks he is a dog. No matter what I am doing or where I'm doing it he will appear. The problem is he may be the worlds ugliest chicken. Normally he would go to the auction, but he will probably die here of old age.

5. geareduplyn

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Quote:This is a For Sale item. I will email my phone number.

6. HenHaven

HenHaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2007
    Coarsegold, CA
    Hi,

I haven't ordered eggs from you--yet! LOL I ask about temperament because I have had the worst luck hatching/raising Ameraucanas that are practically psycho!

I would like my next batch of Ameraucana eggs to be from the bluest eggs I can get, and from a line that is relatively calm. I will have to sell or give away my cockerals, as I just have a laying flock, and judging from the looks of your boy, I wouldn't have much trouble selling the boys if they looked anything like him!

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    That is one beautiful bird! [​IMG] The beard is awesome and his plumage is incredible. Do you have hen pics too? I'd love to see them.

Jody

8. geareduplyn

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Quote:Jody
    Right now my hens look awful. I will get some pictures of this guys upcoming pullets later this summer.
    Talk about beards and muffs, I'm susprised they can see. Here's a picture of his half brother

[​IMG]

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Gorgeous roo!

10. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

I want them !!!!

PM sent.

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by