12 VERY RARE Shetland Duck eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Minniechickmama, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    These ducks are very rare in the U.S.. There are only a handful of breeders here. So, in order to expand this lovely breed, they are being offered at auction at this time to all of you to start your own rare flock. Right now, there are only a couple of ducks laying since it is 'broody fever' at the farm.

Personally, I have 39 out of 50 eggs in the incubator after 2-weeks of incubation. Some of the eggs were getting up around 10-days old (my fault) and were likely the ones that stopped or didn't develop and were pulled.

Shetland are a lovely Black and White duck, similar to the Swedish. Medium sized and good layers.
    More can be found in a book titled "Shetland Breeds".

If you have any questions, feel free to post or pm me. If I can answer, I will, and if I can't I can ask the breeder herself.

Happy bidding!

See a picture at the following site:
    http://ellisonsheepfarm.com/html/ellisonwheels_7.html

2. cutechick2010

cutechick2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you have pictures of these ducks?

3. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    The link I have in the above post is for a page with a picture of some of the ducks these eggs are out of. They are similar to Black Swedish with a White bib that is not as defined as the Swedish are supposed to be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by