12 week old - are they hens or roosters??

bbingraham

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 15, 2014
I have 15 12-week old chickens and we can only keep 6 hens. I think I can tell what most of them are, but I'd love some additional feedback. Thanks so much!!!

I have 2 speckled sussex (I think that's what they are).

SPECKLED SUSSEX #1 (male?)

Speckled sussex #2 (female?)

I have 3 Silver Wyandottes

2 of them look exactly like these pictures (I can't tell them apart). - Males?

My 3rd silver wyandotte looks like this - female?

I have 1 golden wyandotte - female?

I have 4 Plymouth Barred Rocks. They are slow feathering - got their feathers about 2-3 weeks after all the others. These 4 look exactly alike - I can't tell them apart at all! I think they are all either one or the other, but I have no idea!

Last I have 5 easter eggers. I think they are all female, but I have a hard time telling them apart also. Here are 3 of them - I couldn't get pictures of the other 2.

1st Speckled Sussex is a cockerel.
2nd is a Speckled Sussex is a pullet.
3rd and 4th are Silver a Laced Wyandotte cockerels.
5th is a Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet.
6th is a Gold Laced Wyandotte pullet.
7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th are Barred Plymouth Rock cockerels.
11th is an Easter Egger pullet.
12th is an Easter Egger pullet.
13th is an Easter Egger cockerel because he has dark patches on his wings and pointed male feathers.
You might want to post more pictures of the other two Easter Eggers just in case.

I have 15 12-week old chickens and we can only keep 6 hens. I think I can tell what most of them are, but I'd love some additional feedback. Thanks so much!!!

I have 2 speckled sussex (I think that's what they are).

SPECKLED SUSSEX #1 (male?)
Speckled Sussex cockerel.
Speckled sussex #2 (female?)
Female. However, I don't think she is a Speckled Sussex. Sussex have white legs (she has yellow) and she doesn't have any white speckling.

2 of them look exactly like these pictures (I can't tell them apart). - Males?

Cockerel.
My 3rd silver wyandotte looks like this - female?
Pullet.
I have 1 golden wyandotte - female?

Pullet.
I have 4 Plymouth Barred Rocks. They are slow feathering - got their feathers about 2-3 weeks after all the others. These 4 look exactly alike - I can't tell them apart at all! I think they are all either one or the other, but I have no idea!
Cockerels.
Last I have 5 easter eggers.
I think they are all female, but I have a hard time telling them apart also. Here are 3 of them - I couldn't get pictures of the other 2.
Pullets.

Pullets.

Cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom