12 week old Blue Ameraucana: is it a rooster??

kathrync

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2013
I posted pictures of my chicks a few weeks ago and most everyone agreed they were pullets. But this one is starting to act aggressive towards the other hens and made a sound this morning that made me think it was trying to crow :hit I'm so sad because it was the only blue egg-laying bird I had. Is it a rooster? I have no experience with this breed and it's hard to tell just by looking at the comb.

blueroo1.jpg

amerroo2.jpg

I'm also including pics of a Rhode Island Red and silver laced wyandotte because I question the shape of their tail feathers. About 11 weeks of age, and their combs don't look rooster-y to me, but their tail feathers are making me less certain. What do you think?

roos2.jpg

redroo.jpg

roos3.jpg

I posted pictures of my chicks a few weeks ago and most everyone agreed they were pullets. But this one is starting to act aggressive towards the other hens and made a sound this morning that made me think it was trying to crow :hit I'm so sad because it was the only blue egg-laying bird I had. Is it a rooster? I have no experience with this breed and it's hard to tell just by looking at the comb.

View attachment 2229568
View attachment 2229569

I'm also including pics of a Rhode Island Red and silver laced wyandotte because I question the shape of their tail feathers. About 11 weeks of age, and their combs don't look rooster-y to me, but their tail feathers are making me less certain. What do you think?

View attachment 2229570
View attachment 2229571
View attachment 2229575
Better comb pics please. And the others are female.

Back
Top Bottom