12 week old EE, a roo or hen?

littleloveblue

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 17, 2011
This chick is some sort of EE which I know have longer tail feathers but something about the way it looks and struts around worries me? It isn't aggressive at all and no crowing. What do you think? We are legally allowed roosters and there are many in our neighborhood but my husband wants to find it a new home if it is (he's concerned about the neighbors and kids because his brother had an EE roo who was a terror). Any thoughts?
[/IMG][/IMG]

In my opinion (EEs can be tricky to sex sometimes), that is a rooster. The comb is rather red/prominent, the stance is high, and I think I can see sickle feathers in the tail.

At 12 weeks with that much pink on the face, that black/white color pattern is a common one for EE roos, I think you have a baby roo.

Everything about him says cockerel to me. He has a lot of pink in his comb, the pattern is patchy looking and I can see the rooster brown color coming in on the shoulders, I believe. Also his stance is very boyish.

Hmm, you all seem to be thinking what I am. I think I will have to convince my husband to wait and see what happens. I don't mind a rooster, as long as it isn't aggressive because I have three children. I would like to hatch our own babies:)

Back
Top Bottom