12 week old EE cockerel free to good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by avalentine, Nov 14, 2011.

1. avalentine

avalentine Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2011
    San Francisco
    I'm looking for a good home for this sweet rooster. My K-8 school decided to raise chickens and this fall 6 supposed female chicks arrived. Imagine our dismay when this awesome guy started to crow! Unfortunately the city has not given us permission for a rooster, so we need to find the aptly named (by kids) Mr. Snuffles a new home. He has been around kids and handled a lot, and we will definitely miss him!

We will give him away for free, although if you could help with shipping costs that would be great. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area you can come pick him up in Corte Madera?

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    He's beautiful! I hope you find him a great home. You may also want to try Craiglist and FreeCycle.

3. chickenlover237

chickenlover237 Chillin' With My Peeps

he is so pretty! [​IMG] I would love to have him! I have been looking for a EE Rooster I have a young brother and sister so this would be a good home for him, he would be used for breeding and to be a pet. if you wanted he would still be called Mr. Snuffles! how much would you want for shipping? can I have more pictures of him? [​IMG] [​IMG] I live in Yulee Fl

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. avalentine

Jan 9, 2011
    San Francisco
    Hi chicken lover! Thanks! Here are a few more pics.

Can you tell me a little more about your set up? Do you have any hens so far?

Since you have little siblings I should tell you that Mr. Snuffles has not shown any aggression yet, but they say that their personalities can change around week 16-20, so I can't guarantee that he won't become aggressive. And if he does you should not have him around little kids at all- it's not worth the risk.

It looks like the shipping would be around $40, and you would have to be able to pick him up at the post office right away when he comes in.

Let me know if you are still interested. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. chickenlover237

I do not have hens yet I am working on getting my first chickens. though I have lots of family who are willing to give me some hens or chicks. I live on a quite large piece of land we have one dog she is small though and loves small animals. we are currently building our coop its going to be big enough for 8+ chickens they will free range most of the day in our fenced in yard. we know that roosters are allowed because we are surrounded by roosters! after a while you dont notice the crowing.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  6. chickenlover237

I am still interested in him. is he the one that is mostly white with the black tail and brown neck feathers?

7. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    i'll take him! that is if she doesnt...

8. avalentine

Jan 9, 2011
    San Francisco
    Sorry folks- a family at our school ended up needing a rooster, so we are able to rehome him without having to ship him. I hope you all find roosters closer to home!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by