12+ Welsummer eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Happy Chooks, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    For this auction, you will receive a minimum of 12 eggs with extras as available. My Welsummers are mostly Barber lines. The breeder I obtained my original pair from had a hen that was from Whitmore Farms in with the Barber stock. I have 1 hen and 2 pullets currently laying. The pullets have been laying for a couple months, so egg size is nice for hatching. Fertility has been excellent.

I wrap my eggs securely in bubble wrap and pack with peanuts (not the rooster kind) to keep the eggs from moving around in the box. I have had great luck shipping eggs in this manner.

This is a Paypal only auction as these eggs will be collected for shipment on Tuesday.

I will collect fresh eggs for you. However, I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control, such as rough handling in transit, incubation equipment, and incubation methods.

My rooster, Moose at 6 months old:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And more current photos of him:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My hen, Cleopatra:
    [​IMG]

And when she was younger:
    [​IMG]

Cocoa, daughter of Moose and Cleopatra:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My other welsummer pullet from different Barber stock. She's as dark as Cocoa, but the flash washed her out in this picture:
    [​IMG]

Variety of colors I'm currently getting on their eggs (white egg is for comparison):
    [​IMG]

2. Farmerboy16

Farmerboy16 Rebuilding my Farm

Dec 30, 2010
    Sparta, MI
    Very nice flock, Happy Chooks! I had to cull my welsummers due to a disease outbreak, and disinfect everything. I miss getting those large speckled dark brown eggs. If I win, I will rebuild my flock with your welsummers. [​IMG]

3. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Thank you! I'm so sorry you lost your flock.

4. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    Absolute stunners Kelly!!

5. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Thanks Cheryl!

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Most lovely!!!! I sold many of my original flock.....Then I kept a trio just cause I love them.... Adding 2 more girls in soon from another line. I love the egg size and color and the nice demeanor of Welsummers!!! Come on folks bid this one higher!!!! Gorgeous eggs and flock!

7. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Just gorgeous! It looks like my incubators are staying off until Spring, but I am definitely contacting you then.

8. Happy Chooks

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Thanks! Just let me know when you are ready!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by