1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 Welsummer hatching Eggs - NY - $20 plus shipping.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by McSpin, May 14, 2009.

1. McSpin

McSpin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    South Western NY
    Eggs from the past two days:
    [​IMG]

A 5 month old cockerel:
    [​IMG]

One of our 1 year old Roos:
    [​IMG]

I'm getting consistently dark eggs of the color in the photo - approx. 5/week from each hen. All the hens and roos have nice yellow legs. They are calm birds. I've been hatching the eggs all spring and have averaged over 95% good chicks from the ones we incubated. We have two roos in with 7 hens.

I will pack them very well and will guarantee that you get 12 unbroken eggs upon arrival - no matter what the post office does to them.

I can take PayPal, money order or credit/debit cards for payment.

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    Where in NY are you located?

3. Sachasmom

Sachasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Yep, I second the "where in NY" are you, LOL Be nice to pick up some Wellies locally! [​IMG] Got any chicks?

I'm having a heck of a time getting my flock started, I had four, I sold two to a rabbit friend for her daughters 4H project. Since I had 14 eggs in the bator, only I had a dismal hatch (none, darn it!) then one of hers died, and one of mine dislocated its leg. I just gave her daughter my last Wellie hen, told her I would just start over.

I have 8 in the bator, one was infertile, so now down to 7. You know what they say about counting your chickens before they hatch! ;p

4. McSpin

Jun 1, 2007
    South Western NY
    I'm in Olean, south of Buffalo.

I just sold 24 chicks last week - the last that I was planning on hatching this year. I figured summertime shipping was out, and I never thought people would be willing to drive to pick them up. I'll have to plan better in the future.

5. zippy11455

zippy11455 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    I'd like a dozen. How do I go about getting them? I'm in the Fingerlakes Region.

6. McSpin

Jun 1, 2007
    South Western NY
    I've had such a huge response on these, that I'm gong to have to close the offer except for anyone who doesn't mind being on a waiting list. Zippy, I'll send you a PM.

7. Sachasmom

Sachasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Heck, I drove hours to go pick up my Lavender Ameraucanas, LOL

You're not that far from me, about 2 hours or so, and my Mom lives in Wheatfield, so I could cetainly plan a future trip that involved picking up eggs! [​IMG]

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Beautiful eggs!

9. McSpin

Jun 1, 2007
    South Western NY
    Quote:Thanks EweSheep. I've been very happy with the color, as well as many other aspects of this beautiful breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by