1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12+ Wheaten and Blue Wheaten Ameraucana Eggs!!! GREAT LINES!

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by WhiteMountainsRanch, Jan 26, 2012.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    This is a For Sale classified ad.

These are purebred Large Fowl Wheaten & Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas. The girls are laying very well and right now we have eggs available. PM me for interest in purchase. IF we run out of eggs you will be notified in the PM and have the option of being put on a waiting list for them. Our girls are laying very well and it usually takes us no more than a week to send them out.

You can see lots of pictures of our birds here: http://whitemountainsranch.weebly.com/ameraucana-chickens.html

12+ W/ BW Ameraucana Eggs. I always try to send extras. Most eggs are normal sized, some are on the slightly small side as some of my hens just started laying +/- 4 months ago. We have been hatching them all season long and have had no issues hatching the slightly smaller eggs.

We are not NPIP certified yet. Sorry no shipping to Virginia, Alaska, & Hawaii.

Standard shipping price is $15.

My lines are as follows:

I have one Wheaten Rooster named Sarge, from Luanne's lines (cpartist on here). He is a very nice rooster. Some small ticking on hackles, but overall very nice. First rooster shown in the pics below. He hatched from a blue egg with a tint of green. (We are waiting for our color card to come).

One Blue Wheaten Rooster named Beau, from Jean's (Pips & Peeps on here) lines. He is the Son of Geoffery. Gorgeous BW rooster. Very little defaults. We are looking at showing him in this years upcoming events. Hatched from a VERY blue egg.

These two are over 5 Wheaten hens. Four are from Luanne's lines. They lay blue-ish eggs with a little tint of green. The pullets and their eggs are a little on the smaller side and a couple birds have slight ticking in their hackles.

The other Wheaten hen is from Jean's line. She is gorgeous to type and lays an EXTREMELY blue egg.

Plus 4 Blue Wheaten Hens from Wayne Meredith lines. These four are GORGEOUS to type, but lay a blue-green egg as common to his lines. We are working this out by crossing them with Beau which carries VERY blue eggs in his genes, and selecting the offspring pullets that are best to type that also lay the bluest egg.

All my livestock are on an organic diet and free-range every evening. They are very happy chickens!

Our hatching eggs we send out are no more than three days old. They are turned three times a day and stored in a temperature controlled room to assure you the best possible hatch. Eggs are usually fairly clean, but may contain occasional soiling. I do not wash eggs but will brush off excess soiling if present. Eggs are wrapped individually in foam or bubble wrap then nestled in pine shavings in large shipping box, clearly marked FRAGILE LIVE EMBRYOS, but I will gladly mark them any way you want. I've had very good success shipping this way. We have had an excellent hatch rate on our farm ourselves this year as well as with our shipped eggs.

However, we cannot guarantee your hatch rate due to circumstances out of our control. Rough postal handling and incubator mishaps can cause perfectly fertile eggs to not develop or hatch. Purchasing shipped hatching eggs is a risk. Please be understanding and know this when purchasing hatching eggs.

When your eggs arrive carefully unwrap them and store them pointy end down at room temperature for 8-12 hours to help the air cell settle from shipping.

We accept USPS money orders and paypal. Everyone has been pleased with the hatch rate they are getting from our eggs. We strive for complete customer satisfaction and have 100% feedback on eBay, as well as over 30 happy customers on our website here: http://whitemountainsranch.weebly.com/3/post/2011/09/first-post.html#comments

The eggs to be shipped are all fresh and I ship on Monday and Tuesday mornings as soon as I receive payment. Our paypal is [email protected].

We love our Ameraucanas and know you will also. Thank you and happy chickening!

Some of our Ameraucanas:

Sarge
    [​IMG]

Beau:
    [​IMG]

From Luanne's line:
    [​IMG]

Babies:
    [​IMG]

Our most recent hatch: 17 of 19 eggs...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. AreYouLoved

AreYouLoved Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2012
    Norman OKLAHOMA
    I have heard about Virgina having extra slow ship times. My advice is to offer OVERNIGHT shipping ONLY to that state. Because Priority mail can be as slow as first class or media mail to that state. :)

On another note I will not get my check till the middle of next week. Do you anticipate more eggs around that time? :)

Samantha in OK

3. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA

From everything I've heard and read you have to be NPIP certified to ship to Virginia, therefore we cannot yet.

Yes, our girls are laying well and we should have plenty of eggs then. Just contact me when you are ready!

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  4. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    I believe you need to be tested Avian Influenza free also.

5. champer

champer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    San Martin, CA
    I got these eggs from Cari last week (nicely packed) and set them on Sat, they are veining up nicely when I candled today. Thanks Cari!

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    You have to be MG free to ship to Virginia.

7. Vellie

Vellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    New York
    I would like to purchase your beautiful eggs, was wondering if I pay extra for shipping can we do them express?

8. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    Can you get only blue wheaten? Looking to replace my roo, but I would specifically want a blue wheaten roo, not a wheaten. If you answered this in your post sorry. thanks

9. greeneacre

greeneacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Garner, nc

I have just been coresponding with all the state about shipping hatching eggs.. The response from VA Straight from the e-mail:
    "If you are only going to be shipping hatching eggs/chicks into Virginia the only thing you need is your NPIP status. Please include your NPIP number on any paperwork that accompanies the eggs. If for any reason you will be shipping live adult birds to Virginia they will need to be tested for AI within 14 days and Pullorum within 30 days of shipment". they didn't state what age adult is considered.

Hope this help clears up any confusion about VA. And sorry for hijcking the thread.

P.S. Beautiful birds.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  10. scottcooks

scottcooks New Egg

Jan 6, 2011
    Miss Gulf Coast
    Pay pal payment sent. Thanks Scott, I am looking forward to the eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by