12+ Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucana Eggs**** 48 Hour Auction

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cpartist, Mar 29, 2011.

1. cpartist

cpartist Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2009
    Alachua County FL
    12+ eggs. These will ship out Friday morning upon receipt of paypal.

Shipping west of the Mississippi is 20.00. This is close to actual postage as I double box and pad extremely well.
    People are reporting back very good hatch rates on these with 80-95% going into lockdown, many shipped cross country.
    Eggs will be collected for no more than 3 days so will be very fresh. Fertilization is excellent. I have one Blue Wheaten and two Wheaten cockerels
    over 11 W/BW hens/pullets. Blue egg color is very hard to photograph accurately, this shot was in natural overcast light. Eggs range
    from blues to aquas to turquoise.
    [​IMG]
    I've been working with my Wheaties for two years and am on my third generation with them. I've concentrated on getting
    good size and type and eliminating defects, but as with all breeds; especially one's that are still a work in progress, some
    anomalies may occur. All the chicks I've hatched have been bearded/muffed. I've made some progress on getting better
    tail color in the females and less hackle striping in the males, but that has been secondary to breeding for conformation thus far.

Here are some of my flock:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Shipping and hatch not guaranteed, but I will do my best to ensure you have a good hatch!

2. corvidae

corvidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2011
    Utah
    We just candled the ones in the incubator from you and 16/16 have good veining! Been in there 5 days now. [​IMG]

3. cpartist

Aug 29, 2009
    Alachua County FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. clarmayfarm

clarmayfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2010
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Yup, my eggs from you are due to hatch in 6 days, all but two were fertile and are growing. Egg color was good, too.

I would def. tell anyone considering Wheatens to purchase from you...!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  5. petunias212

petunias212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Do you offer any other payment form other than paypal?

6. cpartist

Aug 29, 2009
    Alachua County FL
    No, I'm sorry, but due to the time sensitivity of eggs, they really need to be paid for quickly.
    Paypal is quick and easy to sign up for, though [​IMG].

7. erinlee

erinlee Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    Baldwin MI
    I just have to say, that last picture on your website of your rooster Ranger (RIP) is just the most precious thing I've ever seen!

Hoping you'll have another auction the end of May when I'm ready to order some eggs - I'd love to get some from you!

8. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I just don't have the room at the current time for any more pens but if I did, I would definitely buy these eggs from you. Your birds are showstoppers and I can honestly say that I don't say that about birds very often! Just amazing!!!

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by