1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

12 + White Ameraucanas and B/B/S split for white

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SteveH, May 9, 2011.

1. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    I have three white hens, 2 blue, 1 black, and a splash under a white roo. 11 of 12 eggs went to lockdown yesterday, so fertility is good. Unfortunately, the turner was not plugged in for the first 16 days, and I don't know how this is going to affect the hatch.

The whites came from Lori Waters early this year, when she dispersed her W Ameraucana flock; she purchased her [at that time] stock from Anne Foley. Lori had been working with another line, and was dissatified with the pale shanks. These are very nice birds. The B/B/S hen's eggs should hatch blue or black, possibly be showable as such, but will be carrying one copy of recessive white....................... I recommend keeping them seperate from pure B/B/S, and used only to produce whites. These whites carry fairly good shank color, one hen excellent shank color, but the B/B/S split for white should make shank color even better. Egg color is good, but getting a paler blue as they get farther into their cycle.

Payment accepted only by Paypal please.

The yellow on the girls is from dust bathing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. Winggedheart

Winggedheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Ringgold
    Wow, I love these birds...

3. SteveH

SteveH Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2009
    West/Central IL
    Quote:Thank you Winggedheart.

The black was still in the nest box laying her egg, so I snapped a pic yesterday of the four I had already gathered before I lost the sun. [The winning bidder will get fresher eggs, these I'll keep for myself.] To my eyes, they show no trace of green.

[​IMG]

4. Pheatherz

Pheatherz Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2009
    Brooksville
    Your Ameraucanas are absolutely spectacular!!! I have a serious weakness for these gorgeous birds--don't yet have any LF White Ameraucanas. I would LOVE adding these beauties to my farm after some flock reduction. For now, I'll just enjoy my beautiful bantam-sized counterparts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by