12 + White ShowGirl Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FrenchToast, Apr 18, 2011.

1. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    [​IMG] Up for auction are 12+ White Showgirl hatching eggs
    Showgirl hatching eggs plus extras that may be layed before I package them up.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They are very nice birds. The photos speak for themselves.
    You will get both showgirl AND silkies from the showgirl eggs.

I can't say they are show quality because I do not show my birds but you won't be disappointed.

This is a Buy IT Now Auction so please don't forget to click on the Buy It Now button so you don't miss out

Please keep in mind I need time to package them up and get to the post office. (PO is 30 miles one way) Thanks for understanding.
    If payment is made before 2PM CST I will ship the same day, if payment is made after 2PM CST I will send the next day.
    So if payment is made today or Monday I will ship Monday etc.

PayPal only please. Paypal to sandikay05@frontiernet.net
    $38.00 total shipping included.
    OR $39.75 if you want the package insured for lost package.(does not cover damaged, cracked eggs (per PO)

Due to variations in incubators and hatching practices I cannot guarantee your hatch rate and of course I have no control over the Postal service and cannot guarantee that they won't scramble them. I am not responsible for lost or misdirected mail, but on this end I know my small town postal service handles my eggs with kid gloves If you want insurance there will be an additional charge of $1.75. This would only cover lost package, not damage, cracked eggs etc.
    Due to the cold WI weather I am packing the eggs in a styrofoam lined box for no additional charge.

If you are the winning bidder at auctions end please let me know if you want insurance, and if you want your phone number written on the box for the PO to hold for pickup. And don't forget to include your phone number please.

My BYC inbox in full most of the time so it is best to email me if you have any questions or if you want to send me your phone number to put on the package for pickup.
    Thanks Much and good luck !!

Happy Easter !!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Pictures of my White showgirls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Do show girls come in any other color? Just curious. What I've seen all are white.

3. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    Yes they do however white is the most common and I beleve the most striking. I have partrdige showgirls but just sold them.
    I will be working on other colors this summer.

Thanks

Sandi

4. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    One other question. If you cross a show girl with a regular silkie, do you get all show girls or a %?

Ok and one more question...tee hee, probably not the last one!....are they show-able? If so as showgirls - their own breed, or as a variety of silkie?

5. FrenchToast

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    If you breed a Purebred Silkie to a Bowtied Showgirl the hatch will be 50% Bowtie Showgirl and 50% Silkie.

If you breed a Purebred Silkie to a Non Bowtie Showgirl you will get 100% Bowtie Showgirls.

The bowtie is the feathers on their neck that looks like a fur collar. The Non bowtie have no feathers on their necks.
    Now this doesn't mean that if you hatch out 10 chicks it will end out this way. You would have to hatch out 100 chicks to see these numbers.
    Now that I've made that as clear as mud if I am wrong someone pleast step in and correct me !!

My breeders are both Non Bowtie and Bowtie. Most being Bowtie.
    They are all non bearded.
    The showgirls are not a recognized breed with the APA but I believe you can show them under the "other" catagory??? I don't show so you might want to ask that question on one of the other threads [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  6. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    Showgirls are shown as AOV along with other AOV silkies.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  7. showmesilkies

showmesilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Central Missouri
    My Coop
    I prefer the white SGs as well, though I wouldn't mind finding some really nice Black SGs.

8. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    FrenchToast, I've said it before, but your birds are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by