120 temp spike day 18 any hope ?

fduncan

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2012
Northwest Colorado
I went to check my eggs yesterday evening and discovered some one had left the light in the incubator on and my temp was at 120 ! Is there any hope for these ? Not sure how long it was up that high . These were guinea eggs on day 18. It's going to really stink if they dont make it as they were all developing :(
Thanks
Fallon

Last edited:
Depends on how long. There is always a chance but with that high of heat if it was on long enough to change the internal temp of the eggs I woudnt expect them to hatch but watch the temp closely and leave them in till after day 21 and see what happens

Thanks guy's I guess I'll just wait and see what happens their so dark now seeing movement is just about impossible . I'll just have to try again if nothing happens
Fallon

Update on day 25 with these guys and decided to do a float test before lockdown. Figured it couldn't hurt and wouldn't you know it one of those eggs is wiggling like crazy :) ! My best guess is it was under the thermometer and didn't get the full amount of heat from the light so just maybe I'll get one . Also cracked one open that sank to the bottom it had a chick developed to around 18 days :(

fl.gif

Good luck! Is that the only one that seems to be alive still?

Yep he was the only wiggly noisy one .He didn't make it unfortunately zipped about 3/4 of his shell and then must have run out of steam . Also very carefully opened up the others since I held very little hope for them and something was beginning to smell tally is 1 dud and 12 baby's formed to around 18 days :(

Yep he was the only wiggly noisy one .He didn't make it unfortunately zipped about 3/4 of his shell and then must have run out of steam . Also very carefully opened up the others since I held very little hope for them and something was beginning to smell tally is 1 dud and 12 baby's formed to around 18 days :(

Sorry about that. I went through same issue 3 weeks back. We found thermometer running at 110 at the bottom of egg level. I opened the eggs on Day 22 and found few dead.
One was alive, but didnt make it. So I lost all of them from that batch.

Back
Top Bottom