1202 Sportsman Incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SGM, Aug 20, 2008.

1. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I had posted an ad on the craigslist looking for an incubator and have someone interested in selling or trading me an incubator. Only thing is its a 1202 Sportsman incubator, used but in good shape with all the racks etc. He is interested possibly in a goat. My goats are purebreds and not cheap. I have 2 does for sale for $300 each right now. Would this be a fair trade? I wasn't anticipating a cabinet incubator or trading one of my goats when I asked on the list.

2. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey [​IMG]

Thats possibly the best bator you can get $300 is worth it They would sell for about $500 new They are the older version of the Sportsman 1500 which sells for about $600 It is worth every penny These things will hatch a golf ball

3. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Ok, thanks so much. I've replied telling him about my Nigerians I have for sale right now. He didn't mention how much he was asking for it so I am not sure what he is thinking in terms of trading. We'll see I guess.

I do want to start incubating and hatching but I hadn't anticipating jumping this far in this fast. LOL I mean if I get that I'm going to have to hatch to justify getting it. [​IMG]

4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I would think so. You will probley get the better end of the deal, price wise.

5. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    definitely worth it id say id trade 3 goats for one ill say that yes they sell for around 500 but then u have to worry bout shipping on top of that a friend of mine ended upo spend about 650 to 700 total. its a great deal for a good goat. hope it pans out for you. [​IMG]

6. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Nevermind guys. He's not being reasonable with the trade so I'm not going to do it. I am not going to give my goats away for what he seems to think I should. They're worth more than I'm asking so I am not going to trade.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by