12hr fast questions....anyone?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chilisweet, Nov 20, 2008.

1. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    So tomorrow morning at 8am I go in to have my sugars tested for diabetes. They want me to fast 12hrs beforehand. That means nothing other than water after 8pm. I ate dinner at 6. It's now 10:30 and I'm starving!!!! Ok maybe not starving, but I am craving something sweet. On the nights that I want to be good, I will usally have a cup of tea with honey.

So I'm wondering if I can have the tea minus the honey, no sweetners at all, just the tea. Does anyone think that will mess up my fasting sugars? I mean tea really is water with flavor, right?

Trying to wait patiently for an answer......[​IMG]

~Caran

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    what gives the tea its flavor?? I was told not to have ANYTHING other than water, no juice, coffee, tea, nothing....

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    LOL..NO!..nothing silly!..you cant take anything..it can throw off the tests..just go to sleep..morning will come quick...night, wendy

4. AK-Bird-brain

AK-Bird-brain I gots Duckies!

May 7, 2007
    Sterling, Alaska
    A few years ago I went in for my annual physical and had to do the 12 hour fast. They couldn't get me in to have the blood drawn until 11 am. when they finally saw me I told them I was grumpy cause I hadn't had any coffee that day, they told me coffee with no cream or sugar wont throw off the results.

But of course you should have clarified this with your doctor before leaving their office.[​IMG] so now your stuck untill you know better for next time.

5. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    I was about to give in and have some tea, but i read the ingredients and figured I better not. Now sadly, I'm drinking hot water! Plain hot water. argggggggg So now I can't sleep. Will a sleeping pill mess things up too?

~Caran

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by