13 out of 16 hatch Seramas and OEGB's!!!!!! Last time I hatched 3!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vetgirl00us, May 19, 2010.

1. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I've got what looks to be healthy babies. Some self blue OEGB's and mixed color seramas. They are sooo cute!!!! Some of the seramas had to be helped out but they all look good right now. Pics coming soon!

2. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    Yea, good for you..I hatched some serama this weekend..sure are cute tiny lil things.

3. vetgirl00us

vetgirl00us Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Rome, GA
    I had a bunch of eggs but many did make it past 1st candling on about day 9-10. Some were eggs from my birds and the seramas had been shipped. The 3 that didn't hatch were underdeveloped. Only one looks like it may have died at about day 16-17 the other two were malformed and quit about day 11-14. Not too shabby this time using that darn HOvabator 1602 with the temps going nuts. I had also gotten 12 golden lakenvelder eggs shipped to me but they never developed, they all had broken air cells. I think I got about 8-9 seramas out of 18 eggs shipped. Not too bad of a hatch for seramas. Only a couple of my birds eggs didn't make it but my OEGB hens are young and I think one of the hens will not let anyone breed her. I'm just glad I didn't kill any this time by drowning them with too much humidity.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by