13 week old barn yard mixes

lttdoming

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 30, 2013
Any one want to take a stab at what gender I'm looking at?
I labeled the photos and numbered the chicken left to right.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Photo 1 Unknown mix

Photo 2-- #1 looks like a EE Rooster #2 is from photo 1 unknown mix #3 EE Pullet?

Photo 3 #1 Maran mix #2 Wyandotte mix # Maran mix

photo 4 #1 Wyandotte mix # 2 The EE suspected roo.

Any one want to take a stab at what gender I'm looking at?
I labeled the photos and numbered the chicken left to right.
Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Photo 1 Unknown mix looks like a wyandotte mix and I'd go rooster

Photo 2-- #1 looks like a EE Rooster #2 is from photo 1 unknown mix #3 EE Pullet? I'd also say ee rooster and ee pullet the other is looking like a wyandotte mix rooster

Photo 3 #1 Maran mix #2 Wyandotte mix # Maran mix all looking like pullets

photo 4 #1 Wyandotte mix # 2 The EE suspected roo. wyandotte mix pullet and ee rooster

I agree with everyone else, except top photo might be a pullet yet... mix breeds are such a package deal that a lot of the rules don't apply until they lay an egg or you see saddles, hackles and hear crowing.

The tail feathers are curving a bit on that one, which may indicate rooster, but the comb is not that red yet, and at 13 weeks, my mutt boys were shining. If the bird looks like photo #1 predominantly...I'm leaning pullet....if it looks more like photo #2 predominantly...then it likely is a rooster.

So #1 unknown might be a precocious girl with a bit of funk to her tail (I've had several mutt girls that way), or he is developing those sickles.

Wait that one out.

The rest are as the others said...all pullets except for the EE rooster.

My 2 cents
Lady of McCamley

I agree with everyone else, except top photo might be a pullet yet... mix breeds are such a package deal that a lot of the rules don't apply until they lay an egg or you see saddles, hackles and hear crowing.

The tail feathers are curving a bit on that one, which may indicate rooster, but the comb is not that red yet, and at 13 weeks, my mutt boys were shining. If the bird looks like photo #1 predominantly...I'm leaning pullet....if it looks more like photo #2 predominantly...then it likely is a rooster.

So #1 unknown might be a precocious girl with a bit of funk to her tail (I've had several mutt girls that way), or he is developing those sickles.

Wait that one out.

The rest are as the others said...all pullets except for the EE rooster.

My 2 cents
Lady of McCamley

My gut says #1 is a pullet as well--wait and see on that one.

Back
Top Bottom