13 year old daughter and Christmas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wendy, Oct 10, 2008.

1. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    my oldest is 13 and you know how girls can be. i asked her want she really wanted for Christmas. she said she did not know. my husband said i should take her clothes shopping. but i want to do something besides just clothes.

by the way , we are setting a strict limit this year! and i have to stick to it too.

she got a mp3 player last year and a cell phone (grandma-got her that and pays the bill for it)

what would a 13 year old girl want? we did not have all these electronics at my age!

any suggestions?

wendy

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I know!! How about some chickens of her own?!

3. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Does she like jewelry?

4. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    YEAH...Buy her a fluffy foo foo Silkie!!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    If I remember correctly - it's been a long time since mine were teens - 13 year old girls do like clothes, but they have to be able to pick them out themselves.
    If I may, 13 would be a good age to teach her how rewarding giving to others can be. Ask her if giving up one gift and giving something to a senior (with a visit to deliver it) at a nursing home or donating a toy to Toys for Tots would please her. Just a thought.

6. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    When I was about 10-13 it was all about the Poochi's and the Furbies. I don't even know if they still make those. LOL

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

How about a day at the spa with her best friend. Manicure, pedicure, mud bath, etc. I know that 13 year olds like make-up too, if that is allowed for your girl. Subscription to 17 magazine, an iTunes gift card. And of course, a chicken.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:My Furbie STILL sqwacks from the garage every now and then.

9. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    my 14 year old daughter is dictating this to me:

Hannah: gift cards to get things on sale after Christmas, fashion jewelry, clothing accessories (socks, belts etc) that make her outfits 'her', mp3 cover/charms/decorations, books by favorite author, graphic t-shirt, purse used for 'gift bag' and stuffed with cosmetic/toiletry items, shoes-baby doll flats are the 'thing'...that's pretty much all i can say because i am not super stylish.

can i just say, it's funny that she added that part about being stylish on there!

10. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    MUSIC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by