$138,000.00 Ladies! $138,000.00!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Aug 29, 2008.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    That's what the current rate is on what one Stay At Home mom should make if she were being paid for her labor! [​IMG]

The insurance industry is adopting it as the figure she should be insured as earning because it would cost that much per year to replace her! [​IMG]

Oddly, they factored in two meals prep per day.... I recall three and about ten snacks! While sewing on brownie patches! *&^$$^ things won't stick!

Ah well. I don't really DO anything but hang out on BYC anyways... [​IMG]

2. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

I just wonder how much that is worth. [​IMG]

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Sounds about right... hell, mine's probably more. My husband doesn't do squat around here except bring home a paycheck [​IMG] LITERALLY.

4. mistylady

mistylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Stay at home mommies are priceless! [​IMG]

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Of course within seconds of posting this the dog comes into the living room and

[​IMG] barfs up a huge glop.

Naturally, I shrieked [​IMG] which brought my 6 year old running asking what happened? I am hauling the dog out the door yelling, she barfed be careful don't.....

step in it.

[​IMG]

I want combat pay!

6. mistylady

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Quote:Sounds like my hubby .... everything around here falls under the category of "house work" and I work in the house - he only works out of the house off the property (except for the chicken coop which he has been building since May - when the first chicks got here and moved into the basement). Kinda ticks me off sometimes. But I have learned that if I want something done ... I might as well get the hammer, duct tape and some bandaids and do it myself!

7. mistylady

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton

Of course within seconds of posting this the dog comes into the living room and

[​IMG] barfs up a huge glop.

Naturally, I shrieked [​IMG] which brought my 6 year old running asking what happened? I am hauling the dog out the door yelling, she barfed be careful don't.....

step in it.

[​IMG]

I want combat pay!

Oh hon! I feel for ya darlin! Hang in there!​

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska

That's what the current rate is on what one Stay At Home mom should make if she were being paid for her labor! [​IMG]

The insurance industry is adopting it as the figure she should be insured as earning because it would cost that much per year to replace her! [​IMG]

Oddly, they factored in two meals prep per day.... I recall three and about ten snacks! While sewing on brownie patches! *&^$$^ things won't stick!

So if, I did all of the cooking, housework, carpooling, homework helping, etc. and worked a full time job, does that make me worth double?​

9. mistylady

Jun 1, 2008
    Ohio near Coshocton
    Quote:So if, I did all of the cooking, housework, carpooling, homework helping, etc. and worked a full time job, does that make me worth double?

Yep! [​IMG]

10. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Sounds like my hubby .... everything around here falls under the category of "house work" and I work in the house - he only works out of the house off the property (except for the chicken coop which he has been building since May - when the first chicks got here and moved into the basement). Kinda ticks me off sometimes. But I have learned that if I want something done ... I might as well get the hammer, duct tape and some bandaids and do it myself!

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous around here lately. DH has been working 14 hour shifts 5-7 days a week. When he's home, he sleeps. If he's off work, he plays video games or b*tches the house is dirty [​IMG] He might hate his father, but he sure is turning into him.
    He's been 'working' on this chicken run for EVER and it's not even close to finished. His priorities are soooo jacked up. For real. I can't remodel/renovate/build this darn house myself watching 2 toddlers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by