13wk hen...what the heck is she??? Silver Phoenix? PIC HEAVY!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cjeanean, Jul 6, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    This will be the third time I've posted her on here, and now that she's 3 months old I'm hoping someone can tell me what breed she is. Here are pics of her, just taken today. Thanks, everyone!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  2. ChickyPooh

ChickyPooh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    South GA
    Looks like some type of game or part phoenix but I don't know for sure. Hope this helps.

3. bionic_chicken

bionic_chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Spring, TX
    Maybe a Wyandotte X. She's absolutely gorgeous!!!

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    LOL! Thanks, I think she's beautiful, too....I don't think she's a cross, but I'm not sure....she came out of the 'rainbow layers' bin. I ran across a pic of some sort of game chicken, and thought she looked like that. I don't know!!!!

The hatchery she came from (estes) has 2 breeds under special varieties: ameraucanas and silver laced wyandotte. They have a whole different category for rainbow layers, and don't say what breeds are chosen from to assemble the rainbow mix.

5. blurose

blurose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Winston, Oregon
    She is gorgeous, but I would guess....Hmmmmm....[​IMG] easter egger [​IMG] It is the slate colored legs throwing that in the offering for me.

6. Alabama_boy

Alabama_boy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2008
    Lancaster County, SC
    Silver phoenix

1 person likes this.
  7. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    She looks just like my EE![​IMG]

8. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    She looks like what we call around here "an egg laying chicken." [​IMG] Really think she is a mix. She kind of looks like a Columbian Wyandotte around her neck area with some red laced bird in her. She might have some Langshan in her without the feathering. I wonder if the eggs will be brown? If you get a green or olive tinted egg, then you'll know she has EE or Amer. in her.[​IMG]

9. smith2

smith2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2008
    Paris, TN
    Upon further reflection, she could be a Sex-Link (Delaware x NHR)/Langshan cross. Just my guess. I crossed some red sex-links with a Wyandotte roo and got some that looked very similar to her.

10. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by