14 - 18 LF Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock hatching eggs

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
14-18 large fowl Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock hatching eggs up for bid. These birds are just gorgeous, and though you will hear it often, pictures truly do not do this breed justice. The penciled pattern is so unsual and makes for a very regal looking bird. When I have visitors to my farm, this is the breed that folks just go ga-ga over!

My rooster, Chip, is super laid back & easy to work with. He's a fine breeder & protector of his flock as well. The girls lay a medium-sized tan egg, and are good layers (even in winter). These birds are a joy to have on the farm!

I take great pride in how I store my hatching eggs, and spend much time in carefully packaging them for shipping; however, I cannot guarantee your hatch results due to conditions out of my control when shipping through the post office.

PAYMENT: PLEASE DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU CAN FOLLOW THROUGH WITH PAYMENT AS REQUESTED. PayPal payment required by noon on Thursday, eastern time - eggs will be shipped Thursday around 1 p.m. Please note that shipments to the west coast have been taking three days - thus, it's probably not a good idea to purchase these unless you are in the south, midwest, or east. I'd hate for them to sit on the post office over the weekend.

Some recent comments on my stock:

From the photos I saw, your SPPR are the best I have seen. [from a well-known breeder who is working with a Heritage poultry group]

These are the nicest Standards I've seen in a long time. For a bird that originated in NY, they sure are getting hard to find here. They seem to of disappear along with the old horse traders. [from member Peepsinc, who has the banty variety]

Just thought I would put my two cents in here. I have never raised SP Rocks but raised SP Wyandottes for 15 years. From my experience I would say your birds are extremely good. Your hens are very uniform and very defined pencilling without the lighter color of feathers around their neck. About your male, Exceptional color! Why do I say that, well his breast is ALL black which to me makes a SP male look like he should. In not such good quality birds with that color pattern you will see white ticking in their breast. Also, he has a very defined bar of white across his wing with very clean marking and color in general. [from member WyandotteTX]

I was recently contacted by a staff member of the Plymouth Rock Fancier's Club regarding helping to get the word out on these beauties, and will do all I can to help in that regard. I hope you'll find these birds as beautiful as I do and enjoy them as much!!

Here are a few more pics for your consideration:

roo-d310.jpg

roo-e310.jpg

pullet3-10.jpg

SPR-pullet-30110.jpg

I am currently hatching some of Wynette's SPPRs and can also attest to her fabulous shipping! Each egg was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and layered with the others in cushioned packing material. There was no space for any egg movement. The eggs came VERY clean (though she certainly doesn't wash them) and intact. This "chick" is top notch!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom