14 Degrees here in Taunton Ma and Temps dropping, Birds inside*(pics)*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by usschicago1, Dec 29, 2009.

1. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Hello Everyone, thought i would post some pics.
    Now i love the cold, but if i cant stand outside for more than five minitus, neither should they. Plus I am so scared of frostbight on my Roosters comb.
    So they are spending tonight and maybe tomorrow in the cellar!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I Love My white pair so much ! <3!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Beautiful, just beautiful!! [​IMG] They look so cozy inside! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

3. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    your birds are beautiful!!!

4. usschicago1

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Thanks! Gotta get up early tomorrow to sush him so he doesn't wake the famly :)

5. Cornychick

Cornychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Sebastian County, AR
    I love the spotted one!

6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Woohoo!!! [​IMG] Party in the basement!!! [​IMG]

Hmmm.....And weren't we all just posting "you know your chickens are spoiled rotten when......."? [​IMG]

Good on ya! Shows you love your babies! [​IMG]

Our girls are pretty spoiled too. When we built their coop several years ago, we already knew it could get down in the minus range in the winter. So, we insulated it! Now all I have to do is make sure the heat lamp is on, shut the little hen door and they're nice and snuggy for the night.......

Though I would love the idea of a "sleep over" some cold winter night if the DH would let me!! [​IMG]

7. usschicago1

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] You just made me laugh! Its crazy what we do for our birds [​IMG]
    Quote:

8. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    They really are pretty!

Be a little bit careful with moving them from warm to cold environments. It's an easy way to get sick.

But I totally understand wanting to keep your birdies warm - it's cold here too.

9. usschicago1

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:I never thought of that! Darn! Its so hard juggling what to do. My roosters comb is so big and last year he lost a little bit of his comb to frostbight. Luckily i caught it so early you reallly cant tell. Since i know that they will be inside today too since its still freezing. Maybe tomorrow it will warm up enough.
    -Thanks for the info!
    Mark

10. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Mine are out there toughing it out and it's 14° here, too (I'm not far from usschicago1). At least the wind died down, it was absolutely bitter out there last night when I let them out into the yard. Poor things couldn't scratch anything up, it's all frozen solid!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by