14 eggs from 10 hens this morning

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gottalovemychickens, Sep 26, 2009.

1. gottalovemychickens

gottalovemychickens SaveAChickenRideACowboy

I got 14 eggs this morning from 10 hens

Must be working overtime

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    maybe some laid after you collected yesterday
    congrats on everyone laying though [​IMG]

3. Bedste

Bedste Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Cut n Shoot Texas
    How is that possible? Woo Hoo! I thought they took 24 hours for the egg to be produced... i guess you can have two in the processing tract?

4. gottalovemychickens

well my chickens all lay at 10 am MST and on lays at 1PM so im still looking to get more eggs today still haha

5. DianeB

DianeB Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    I had a chicken that laid yesterday afternoon and early this morning. It will probably be my only egg today. My other two seem to have stopped laying for the season. She is probably making up for the slackers [​IMG]

BTW, how did you get them to up the production? Reading them cookbooks or KFC ads?

DB

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  6. allison finch

allison finch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I believe it. I had a similar experience today.

My cochin/silkie crosses have just started laying this week (one of the three). This morning, I caught one nesting in the poop box under the roost. It is a shelf with cat litter boxes with stall deodorizer in it. She was obviously restless and wanting to lay. I left her alone but watched enough to see that there were no eggs there yet. An hour later I went out and saw TWO eggs laying in that very spot. None of the other hens were seen anywhere near her.

HMMMMM..... Maybe I ought to reproduce her!!

7. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    You need to send them here so they can give my girls a pep talk! [​IMG]

8. gottalovemychickens

well i keep heat lamps on 24/7 in the coop right now and i also keep a light/heat lamp on 16 hours of the day , They dont even know winter is coming and popping out eggs left and right

9. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    How are the 'rescue' chickens looking? Clearly if you are getting that many eggs they are feeling 100% better? Are they growing their feathers back?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by