14 happy chicks And one loud one?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kylea0219, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Kylea0219

Kylea0219 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2015
    Varysburg, NY
    I have 15 two day old chicks. All seem very happy and healthy scratch around taking naps eating and drinking well. I have one chick that peeps very loudly and constantly. All the other peep but not loud. It's not a shrill peep it's just loud. Is this little girl ok or is she in some sort of distress? No pasty butt. Seems to be eating and drinking. I am Just a little worried. [​IMG]
    The little black Dominique chick on the left is the loud peeper.
    Also she was the only one I was worried about when I first got her. She was weaker than the rest.

2. JanetMarie

JanetMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2014
    Michiana
    I wouldn't worry unless she stops eating or drinking, or is lethargic. She just may be reacting to the instinct of wanting a chicken mom.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    Hi and [​IMG] ! You could give all of the new chicks some Save-A-Chick vitamins. You can get it at Tractor Supply and you would add it to their water. You could also add some ACV (apple cider vinegar) to the water. Watch to make sure her poop looks normal. You are a good momma for these new babies [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Kylea0219

Kylea0219 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2015
    Varysburg, NY
    She seems to do every thing normally. She is just loud all the time. she even peeps in her sleep some times. seems to be eating and drinking fine. she even falls asleep in my hand all the time.[​IMG]

5. lyricfx

lyricfx Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2014
    Hartford
    I have this exact situation right now too! My loudmouth is a buff orpington. Maybe your reply is right, because mine quiets if I go talk to her[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by