1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

14 + Heavy Layer Variety Pack, BO, RIR, WL, BBSO,Delawares,BarredRock

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bargain, Dec 1, 2010.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    This will include an assortment from the following breeds from our small full time farm. Please let me know if you want more of one kind of breed than another and we'll work to get the kind of order you want:
    Package will ship Dec 7 or Dec 8, depending on laying patterns.

Buff Orpingtons -
    [​IMG]

Rhode Island Red (heritage)
    [​IMG]

Heritage Delawares:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue/Black/Splash Orpingtons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    some of the blue offspring - still young in pic:
    [​IMG]
    White Leghorns

Barred Rocks
    [​IMG]

The shipping will be computed based on your zip code and whether you want insurance or express mailing instead of our regular priority shipping so that's why shipping shows $.01. We ship eggs in the same way we would like to receive them. We bubble wrap each egg separately, putting in a regular box (not an egg carton) which is then cushioned and set in a larger box. These are not the prepaid priority boxes but we use the large boxes that can be ordered through USPS as the standard mailing box. Our mailing costs can often be higher than the prepaid boxes but we find that they arrive in better shape, so it's well worth the extra time, packing materials and shipping costs. Occasionally with a large order, we will use an even larger outside box. Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

We are a chemical free farm and farm full-time. We feed our animals with the best feed, sprouted grains, fresh grasses, treats from the garden and loving care. For more information please visit our farm site http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/

Please
    check out our feedback.
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

We also have feed back in the new system as you'll see above

Please pm me with any questions/orders and we'd be so honored to fill your order. Thanks for your interest. Happy bidding and have a blessed day! Nancy [color}

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. MiMis_Place

MiMis_Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I noticed that you said you bubble wrap each egg and place in a box, and not in a egg carton. Of all the eggs I've ordered over time those that were packaged like you say you do usually have broken airsacs. (I figure this is due to the stop and go motion of the vehicles that they ride in.) And when the airsac is broke the chick will not develop. I just wanted to share my experience and thoughts on this method of shipping. I do not intend to anger anyone, like I said it's my opinion.

Would you ship differently if asked?

3. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    MiMis_Place, I'll ship differently if you like, You are the customer and I'm glad to oblige. We've had great reports of hatching and not broken egg sacks. I guess so much depends on USPS handling as well. I'll be glad to post pictures of how the boxing is for us if you like as well. I think also that my written description may not adequately show the packing methods...

But again, we'll pack as you like if you are the successful winner of this auction as long as we have the packing supplies to pack as you like and no customer ordered materials are needed. No harm intended and certainly none taken. It is still miraculous to me about the hatching of eggs every day and I always enjoy a dialogue!Have a blessed day. Nancy

4. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    i really do think it depends on how they are handled with the post office when it comes to the airsacs.i have gotten both packaging jobs and can't really tell a difference.i will say this.i did my very first hatch with Bargains' eggs.14 eggs were ship in bubble wrap not in a carton and i hatched 10 little chicks.i lost 4 by day 10 but all 14 developed.i agree with nancy in that i am amazed that shipped eggs hatch at all.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I'll put my 2 cents in. Nancy's packing job is perfect, she double boxes the eggs too.

I've had worse hatches with eggs packed in egg cartons, most people don't seem to think they need as much padding in a carton, so usually at least 4 out of 12 arrive broken.

If I weren't getting out of LF breeds almost completely, I'd be all over these [​IMG]

6. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    I just got some of Nancy's eggs...10 made it to lockdown to hatch the day after Thanksgiving.T'Giving morning we woke to no power the power failure alarm also didn't go off.Bator was 79 degrees the eggs cold to the touch..yes I opened the bator because it was raining inside 99% humidity only 2 digits on the read out..they were without power for 4 hours before we got the generator on(when we woke up) 7 eggs hatched out of those 10 so I wouldn't worry much about her shipping her eggs Hatch [​IMG]
    Egg carton shipping has proven to be no better imo...we hatch hundreds of eggs many mine many shipped...depends on the ride,distance and weather mostly.
    I don't need more layers..I don't need more layers...I don't need more layers..so I'm thinking about these [​IMG]

7. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Is there any possibility of a Welsummer egg or two?

8. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Emmalynn, if you win the auction, I'll try my best to get you one or two Welsummer eggs!!! No promises we'll see, they are getting lazy on me and that's why I didn't add to the combo package. Thanks all for the lovely feedback on your egg packages you received. Have a blessed and happy day. Nancy

9. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:I agree. Nancy does a fantastic job packing her eggs. I have not had a broken airsac from any eggs I've bought packed in this manner. This includes Nancy and other BYC members. The eggs I bought from Nancy made it from GA to CA with no problems whatsoever.

10. Cowgirlgrace

Cowgirlgrace Chillin' With My Peeps

Are any of the breeds listed from hatchery stock? Especially the Delawares.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by