14 lovely chickens in the city of ABQ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mamador9794, Aug 5, 2014.

1. mamador9794

mamador9794 New Egg

Aug 5, 2014
    Hello,
    I probably should have signed up a long time ago! We have 14 chickens (6 Barred Rocks, 6 Rhode Island Reds and two Easter Eggers). We got them back in March and have been having fun ever since. I call them our therapy chickens since it is therapeutic for us to watch them roam our backyard. We have had health issues for the past 3 years so it is nice to have them! They started laying eggs about two weeks ago and we are enjoying fresh eggs with nice orange yokes. I never thought I could enjoy having chickens so much! When we have any questions, we come to Backyardchickens.com and find the answers. We are thankful for this website! [​IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you have a nice flock, they should give you a lot of eggs, congrats on those first ones!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad that you joined the flock and that BYC has been helpful to you. My sister lives in Bernalillo, and my niece in Rio Rancho, if I got the spellings right.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Enjoy your flock and welcome to our's!

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Here here!....Down here in the south central mountains of New Mexico! Nice to see another New Mexican on board!!

This is the place to be when you own poultry. Make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

6. mamador9794

mamador9794 New Egg

Aug 5, 2014
    Thanks everyone! Nice to be in the company of other chicken lovers!

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves the colored eggs. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by