14 new cheickens and things seem to be going well...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bnchristian, Oct 19, 2009.

1. bnchristian

bnchristian Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2009
    Yesterday I introduced my 14 new EE to my exsisting flock and well so far so good. Almost too good ??? I already had 13 12 hens, 1 roo in the coop than=t get along very well. I have had my EE in a stall for 2 1/2 months so they could feather out and grow a bit before I mixed them in. They could hear each other but nit see each other. So yesterday I turned out all my flock to free range and tossed the EEs in the coop and allowed them out in the run. My flock checked them out through the fence off and on all day. Then a few at a time a let teh hens back in from the bottom of the "pecking order" up til I finally let in my Roo at dinner time. They was a lot of noisy dispute and they are still chasing eazch other around some, but the all went in and slept fine. ( they new birds aren't allowed to roost yet) No pecking or chest bumping at all I am actually surprised. [​IMG] I just wonder if it is some freaky chicken plot so I will leave them alone and they can be mean to the new chickens... [​IMG] Has anyone else had okay experiences with new birds? All I have read makes it sound like war??

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Hope everything continues to go well for you. Welcome to BYC!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by