14 of 17!!!!! PICTURES ADDED 5 April 2011

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Doormantnt, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Doormantnt

Doormantnt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    I'm impressed if I do say so myself.

Second year with chickens, and I built a mini-fidge bator, and was given some farm eggs (most of flock are dominques) and ACTUALLY had 14 of 17 hatch.

I come home friday, and one is already running in the bator, and thru out night and early morn, along come 13 more.

I KNOW I GOTTA FIGURE OUT THE PICTURE THING!!!!! No pics it never happened right....LOLOL....I know yall well enough, but I forgot the camera cable, maybe tomorrow. sorry.

but they are absolutly adorable, and all seem to be doing well.

guess I really gotta get cracking and get the addition on the coop. LOL...

Thank yall for the information, and support thru my growing addiction.....but when does this chicken math thing end!?!?!?! it was only suppost to be a couple feed store chicks two years ago. Now yall have me building a bator, and putting an additon on my coop.

Thanks.
    TNT

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Congrats!!! [​IMG]

Oh...and...the chicken addiction only gets worse!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. f8thnjc

f8thnjc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Good hatch! We just hatched 11 out of 12, first time incubating. Isn't it fun?! I think I may easily become addicted. [​IMG]

4. Robert Boyd

Robert Boyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You guys rock, my kids and I just put 10 eggs in our homemade incubator yesterday morning, 6 australops, and 4 austrolop cornish mutts.
    we might be getting somthing special in our easter eggs this year:^}

5. Doormantnt

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    All I know is my wife was laughing uncontrollably. When I got home from work on Friday, and that little wet fuzzy butt was running around I was gitty as a school girl. An over weight, 35ish redneck biker that couldn't help but stand over the incubator and stare in the window for 14 hours. Charting progress the whole time, and trying to keep chicks straight.....gave up after bout 8....amazing how they all look the same. LOL...

She actually brought me a sandwich that I ate over the bator round midnight.....WHAT HAVE YALL DONE TO ME!!!!

I knew yall would understand, so I had to post when I got to work, no internet at house.

Thanks for support and information

TNT

6. Doormantnt

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Just an update, little fuzzy butts are doing great!!!! All 14 active, eating and drinking, and runnin the brooder.

I opened the eggs that didn't hatch, and those 3 were viable as well. All 3 had developed, and almost fully formed, but died in shell.

Sounds pretty good, I'll have to pass the word to the lady I got them from cause she hasn't hatched out from her flock in couple years. She is letting broody hens do their thing, and wasnt sure what my hatch rate would be. But I must say, I'm pretty impressed. First incubation, from homemade bator, with "farm" eggs, and 14 of 17 living and good, and 3 formed but didn't make it.

Thanks

TNT

7. Bette Bee

Bette Bee New Egg

Jan 25, 2011
    Hope I have good luck with my first hatching! It is addicting![​IMG]

8. Doormantnt

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    [​IMG]

9. Doormantnt

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    WOW. I got the pic to work.

10. Doormantnt

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    [​IMG]

and some of the group with their fuzzy (lime green) stuffed friend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by