14+ "Olive Egger" eggs - SUPER LOW starting price!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, May 20, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    I had an order that was to ship out Monday, but the lady just contacted me telling me that she needs to reschedule her shipment...so, I'm offering these eggs up for auction here on BYC.

The babies will be half first generation, out of a large & very pretty hatchery EE that lays very large and more-blue-than-green eggs. She is sort of a blue wheaten color. Her chicks have been hatching about 50/50, black & blue. Offspring should lay somewhere between the olive egg in my av, and the "first generation" egg pictured below.

The other half of the hatch would be second generation, out of my solid black olive egger gal. She is fathered by a purebred Blue Ameraucana, and her father was a Black Copper Marans out of a very dark egg. She's in my Marans pen, and her offspring will lay a VERY dark olive green egg. Her babies have been hatching about 90% black and 10% blue, and most have feathered shanks.

**please note that the blue egg gene is closely linked to pea combs - you will not get 100% pea combs out of this hatch. there are a very few folks who DO have single-comb olive egger gals that DO lay an olive colored egg; however, it's believe that the chances of this are only about 10%**

**also note that some of these eggs will be 10 days old by the time they arrive; thus, hatch percentages may be much less for those older eggs, but I will include them anyway, as you just never know!!**

Some interesting color saturation/patterns:

[​IMG]

First generation olive egger eggs:

[​IMG]

THIS IS A PAYPAL ONLY AUCTION - PAYMENT IS DUE BY 5 P.M. EASTERN TIME THE DATE OF AUCTION'S END.

Eggs will ship out Tuesday morning via USPS Priority Mail with the Delivery Confirmation option.

Thanks for looking, and best of luck!

2. rsquared

rsquared Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    These OEs' are awesome, have some of Wynettes' and not only do they lay a beautiful olive colored egg, yes they range from dark to light olive, but a xlarge egg as well even from one of my smaller OEs'. Very nice stock and seller a pleasure to deal with!!!

Even w/ my move am terribly tempted, turned off the bator last week [​IMG]

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:Awe - thanks! I'm so glad you're enjoying your olive egger gals! It's always amazing to me that they lay such large eggs. I have one that half the time, I would swear it's a double yolker it's so big! Gotta love these olive eggers - they pretty up the egg basket with their multiple hues of green as well! [​IMG]

4. wanttobefarmer

wanttobefarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    I love the saturation pattern. If my bator wasn't full I'd take them for sure. I might anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by