14+++ OOPS! Roos mixed with Hens. Pure or ????

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wolftracks, Mar 14, 2011.

1. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I went from zero eggs all winter to more than my bators will hold. Time to fill your bator cheap!

There was a mishap here a couple of weeks ago. My neighbors kids opened my big pen of FBCM, EE and Game hens as well as my rooster pen into my yard. They also opened my Silkie pen. Hen stayed, roo is crazy.

Due to this problem I have eggs that I'm not 100% sure about. My roos are Blue AM (Since stolen from the coop), 2 FBCM roo from a straight Bev Davis line (1), Prestley/Valentine (1), Wheaten Marans (1), White Silkie (1)....These were the only roos left out. My FBCM hens come from straight Bev Davis lines and prestly/Valentine Lines. One Wheaten Marnas hen from the P/V line. The others are Games and EEs, but my green egg layer has been holding out and my pink egg laying pullet just started.

I've hatched out some of the Game/Marans chicks. They are coming out about 50/50 black or wheaten. I did breed these for a reason. These are actually not oops eggs, but no room to incubate. I wanted broodie, dark egg layers with big eggs and my Games lay like crazy. I'm also going to be using them as meat birds. My Games are very nice birds who will eat out of your hand and they get a little bullied by the BCMs. The chicks in the pic are the Marans x Game chicks.

My bators are full and I don't want to waste the eggs, so thought I'd put some on here. Some if not most of the BCM eggs will be pure, but I'm not really keeping track of which hen is laying at the moment. I'm hatching out as many as I can, but won't be offering pure eggs until I know. So far nothing looks like a Silkie, so I think the big guys kept him away. I hope, but there's a chance.

All of these birds had been bred for pure stock, but like I said they got turned loose and I'm not taking the chance. I have eggs from yesterday and today and I figure a 2 day auction will give me time to collect more. I have 14 right now. Most are Game mixes, but there are FBCMs in the nesting boxes right now. I figure you will get at least 18 eggs, probably more. Shipping is listed at $15.00, but may be higher depending on location or amount of eggs sent, so be warned.

I'm getting 100% fertility here, but as you know the PO is harsh on packages at times. I package very securely and have never had a broken egg. YET!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    LOL Kim, sounds Like the Roosters had a good day that day [​IMG]

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Yeah!
    That little Silkie was running around like a mad man and I'm hoping that's all he did. Purvert!

I like these Game X though. I want to keep about 12 of them as layers and hopefully broodies. They should lay some nice size eggs and be pretty hardy birds.

All that was missing was the togas!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    up to 18 and one is WM and 2 BCMs
    remember they were only together about an hour and bred to pures before that

5. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    I would Bid, but I promised Bill that I wouldn't hatch anymore than what is already in the incubator, until the end of Summer.... [​IMG]

6. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    ohhh i sooo wish i could bid on these!! But i got a dozen eggs on the way already!! And if i bid on these my parent might disown me!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Kim, my bator will be empty in a couple of days if you want me to hatch some for you. I've gotten used to the sound of it in the dining room!! LOL. I have my eggs from Muggs going on lockdown as of this am! I'm eggcited!

8. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Someone has to take these eggs.
    If I had a way to transport my Sportsman I would be fine, but these girls are becoming laying machines. LOL
    Vicki I may have to take you up on your offer. LOL

9. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

From where do you need to transport your sportsman? I have pick up.

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    S Modesto to Ceres

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by